Updating my account to adult account

To whom it may concern,

As I write this post I have spent the past 3 hours trying to get my xbox live microsoft account 'WhiteRoxas XIII' to accept  the new terms of uses with much issue.

I have a reference (mod edit) which goes in depth over the course two hours. Here is a summary,

The parent account (mod edit) which governs my gamer tag (WhiteRoxasXIII) was brought into effect with the new terms and conditions. Two issues have occurred, the first is that the e-mail address (mod edit) is a extremely old account which my mother owned that is unaccessible, the second is that I am 20 years old (I am willing to supply evidence of this claim). I have been jumped from department to department with no avail and on the verge of giving up on the usage of my own xbox 360. I tried to explain this to (mod edit) in the chat, but apparently the system will not allow edits despite the willingness to supply proof of ID etc. At one point, I believe it was a gentlemen called (mod edit), said that the account (mod edit) had no such link with a xbox live gamertag... Well that was proved. I tried to update the child account to a adult account via the parent gamertag and the option wasn't prompted. (mod edit) also said that the account was a child one despite it's creation by the age of 8th Octber 1993 (Clearly 20 years old)

I hope that this e-mail doesn't go unheard of because I feel I have been jumped from department to department. I am currently awaiting a password reset for (mod edit) but I see in the future I will be declined this chance. That doesn't mean the issue is resolved, I would like to speak to a representative who is able to upgrade my account to adult account which I will back up with photographic ID.

(mod edit)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there WhiteRoxas XIII,

I can understand your frustration.

Let's start from the beginning.

[quote user="WhiteRoxas XIII"]Two issues have occurred, the first is that the e-mail address ********** is a extremely old account which my mother owned that is unaccessible[/quote]

What do you mean exactly by "unaccessible". Did you forget the password for the email address?

If so, please visit This Page to reset the password.

[quote user="WhiteRoxas XIII"]I tried to update the child account to a adult account via the parent gamertag and the option wasn't prompted.[/quote]

You'll have to contact Xbox Phone Support about this issue. They will be able to look into the account and eventually do some more troubleshooting with you.

You can find Phone Support at the 'Contact Us' page HERE.

If you have any questions, please let us know =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1. The parental account has been inactive for over 6 years I believe, wasn't used up until the moment I am prompted to use it on xbox live. The password has been forgotten ect.

2. I am aware that there is a glitch in the xbox live system that the accounts which were linked to a parental account have reverted back. The account was created with my date of birth and clearly is 20 by this year. I am hoping it is a techincal error otherwise I can't access my account because the password for the parental account and all information relevant to it have gone.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also to add from the below link, there is no suggestion of a parent account, suggesting a big error
(mod edit)

Sorry this didn't help.

WhiteRoxas XIII same thing happened to me, I've been at this since 2 PM ... I talked to an Xbox person through the help chat and she had me make a new parental email that can replace the old one. I wasnt old enough when I made my account so my parents email was the parent account but my parents have changed the internet provider and the email account does not function any more so it wont allow me to accept... Im 20 now too since of July 16th

Sorry this didn't help.

This what I was told after I created my new email - Updates will be provided by our Advocacy Team directly through email or by phone if needed so please check your email from time to time. Rest assured that this will be taken cared Brent.

I totally understand you. No worries, we already have a new one and we will just wait for the updates from our Advocacy Team if it was transferred already. Alright?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks very much Ford! It helped alot to put this idea forward!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar issue myself. I have contacted support 5 times and provided gamertag, parent gamertag, email, parent email, console id, console serial number, ip address plus the old password for the account

Still, they were not able to recover the parent account so I can accept the damn rules.

My account is lost :(

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Jokuc, so sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, if our support team is unable to assist with the info you provided, then there's nothing more that can be done. We encourage you to start a fresh account so you can continue to enjoy the benefits of Xbox Live.

If you have any other questions or concerns that we can help with, please start a new thread. We can offer the best individual assistance there!

Sorry this didn't help.

@Misses Joust , I was told that if I provided Console ID, Console Serial Number and IP, they would be able to reset the password for me. I'm not going to give up an account I have spent a lot of money on and if Microsoft can't help me it's *** ridiculous and I'm done with your consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.