Updating games

First of all: I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this. It was either here or 'Playing my game', this just sounded better.

I'm primarily a FPS player, but I enjoy some Arcade, RTS and RPG games. Primarily I play Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Halo Wars, EA Sports MMA, Full House Poker, and Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty City Stories.

My problem is EVERY TIME I play Halo Wars, Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty City Stories and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I get at least one update. I've had two updates within 8 hours on Halo Wars. I sit there thinking "Oh, it's just another small update. Fixing some bugs and glitches that I haven't even noticed," and that's all good. But my friend who I play all of those games with (I know him in real life) has not had a single update (bar the first one to play on XBL, present on most games) for any of them. WHY!?!?!

My two theories are: his console updates games while it's turned off, but unless the disc is in there that's impossible... right?
And: My updates delete themselves from my console once a day and I have to re-install them. 

So... any ideas or knowledge of what's going on? Just to clarify, the updates don't bother me, it's just I'm getting them and my friend/s aren't. Am I playing a newer version than him/them?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hiya X Renigma - Have you tried to clear your XBOX 360's System Cache? If you haven't, please do as this can actually solve this issue that you are facing with the constant update each time you play the game. Report back to us when you've tried to clear your XBOX 360's System Cache -> support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache.aspx. You might also want to take a look at this (which seems to describe everything you are going through) -> forums.xbox.com/.../5038.aspx.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It should be noted that when you clear the cache, you will be ask to update each game once so that you have the latest update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.