Updating failed!

Just bought a replacement Xbox and in order to sign in to my account I need to update my console. The problem is I keep downloading the update with a message saying update failed. Status code is 3CD6-3F4B-1380-0915-C000-0032. I've tried clearing cache but no difference. I tried recovering my gamertag but in order to do that i first need to update just to sign in to live. i have my gamertag on it already.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

remove all memory units eg memory cards usb devices and download update with only the main harddrive plugged in

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings ONE 6UN!

Can you please provide us with a bit more information by answering these questions. And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Delete the current system update and then try download the most recent system update. Follow these steps.

Turn off your console. Press and hold the sync button (the small one you use to connect your wireless controllers). While holding press the power button to turn your console on. Continue to hold the sync button until the console is completely booted up.

Go to System Settings and choose storage.

On your controller, press the following button sequence:

Press the left bumper.
    Press the right bumper.
    Press the X button.
    Press the left bumper.
    Press the right bumper.
    Press the X button. 

Restart your console.

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.