Updating and connecting to xbox live

I have tried to update the software and connect to xbox live but it hasn't worked. Some details: It can connect to Internet but it can't connect to xbox live. It says there are problems with your connection. The first suggestion, to unplug our router for 30 seconds, does not work. The one about port forwarding most likely doesn't work but I may have not done it right. If anyone has info on port forwarding a belkin router I would be very grateful. The status code is: W:0000-000B X:0600-5001 Y:Z0A8-48E0 Z:0000-0008 ID:FFFF-FFFF L:8015-192A Q:8007-0435 T:Wired

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

I had the same problem and got fixed after call my ISP. I don't know if is the same that is happening to you but my advise is to call your Internet Service Provider and check if your modem/router is open not moderate or if there are some port that aren't active.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, so you're getting that error when you're trying to connect to update the console? If so, let's just try skipping over the network for the update.  Can you try out Solution 4 here? Xbox Updates | Xbox 360 Updates | Xbox System Update Then, once the update is installed, we can run the connection test again and see if it behaves a bit better. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried all of the suggestions on that page. Once I update the console using the USB another message pops up saying that it cannot connect to xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi brandonzhu, I don't know if you tried this already but I have seen this work for a few people with the same issue.

-

Go to settings>system>network settings, select your wired connection, then select configure network and then additional settings. You will see the option to restore network settings to factory defaults. Do that, power the console off, remove the power from your modem/router, power your modem/router up after a couple of minutes and once you have a connection to the internet power the console on and try the Live connection again.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try powering off modem and router for 5 mins. power on modem only. wait till its up. then power on the router.

Check out the belkin router in the forums its all pretty much the same. almost all belkins have the same Firmware lay out. firewall virtuall servers...

Ports you need are:

port 3074 udp/tcp (aka. both)

Port 53 udp/tcp

port 88 udp

port 80 tcp

for belkin info refer to:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If that doesnt work disable the portforwarding and put your xbox in the dmz  belkins are touchy with dmz some tiems it causes everything to lose interenet connection just undo if it does that.

Sorry this didn't help.

How can i disable port forwarding? On the belkin website I used the dmz for my Xbox but it didn't work. Also I will try updating the console withd my USB.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Brandonzhu! Use this guide for any port forwarding questions you may have: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/network-ports-used-xbox-live. Let us know if that helps! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.