UPDATES WONT SAVE TO HARD DRIVE!

I have had multiple problems with my Xbox 360 ever since the newest update I have downloaded. Here is a list of the problems: 1) My Xbox is not recognizing any game updates. When I put in a game, I get disconnected without any update message options. I have to update every game again because I formatted my hard drive on accident and also cleared the system cache (I also get disconnected when using the avatar editor) 2) Another problem I am having is my Xbox 360 dashboard is loading slow and I am not able to manage my account because a status error. I have had perfect connection without any interruptions for 2 years. I also took it to a repair shop and they said they were not able to find a problem with the software on it. I have no idea what it could be and if someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Having the same problem, reaaly annoyed cause it's waisting the time ive paid for  live :L

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What's the exact status error you're receiving, and in what way are you trying to manage your account? Have you ever had your console repaired at a repair shop, or through another third-party system?

Sorry this didn't help.

It will load every thing except my account management like payment options and account information. But some times when i sign in, the dashboard never loads. My Xbox 360 has never been repaired at a repaired shop or through another third party system. I installed new internet to try to fix this problem but it did not help. I am using a wire less receiver and every time I plug my Xbox to a cord it will install the update but it never saves to my hard drive. I always have to update my games when i play them because it does not save them and some times it does not give me an option to, it just disconnects me from Xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

The first thing I recommend trying is clearing your cache. You can do so by accessing 'Memory' under System Settings. There, you can highlight your memory device, and then press (y) to see the option to clear your cache. Please let me know if that helps with the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

clearing the system cache doesnt work i still have the problem with saving game updates to my hardrive

Sorry this didn't help.

M Dutton, can you describe what happens exactly when you download an update/start a game? If you've cleared the cache, can you try a different memory device, such as a USB configured for use with Xbox 360, to see if that resolves the issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yer I'm getting the same problem I want to play a game and I all ways have to update it Evan no I updated it a second a go .so annoying like if I switch discs it wants me to update they just don't save to my hardrive can anyone help me ! And my connection isn't the best ethier makes it Evan worse:/

Sorry this didn't help.

Courier, can you please list what steps you've tried from my posts above, and provide any specific information I've asked for there? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

ok, i cleared the cashe on my memory unit and hard drive but i dont think anything happened? it still makes me update everything every time i play!! it sends it to the update and signs me out of live and i have to update or i cant play.. but the updates just dont save! someone help

Sorry this didn't help.

You should check our sticky post for Title Updates and see if any of that helps: forums.xbox.com/.../5038.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.