Updated email address but emails are still going to the old address

Hi,

So I've had a Live account for quite a while. It was tied to an old email address which I no longer use.

A few years ago I found out you were now able to change your login email so I changed it and updated.to my current address. I also updated my Contact Preferences etc and anything else that was tied to the old address. Even after going through this a lot of my Xbox related emails still get sent to the old email address - billing information and Xbox Reward notices specifically.

I'm buying a lot more stuff digitially now and don't want billing info sent to this old address everytime. Is this something I can fix on my end or is there some hidden Contact Info that needs updated on Microsoft's end?

Cheers for any help.

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2018 Views 376 Applies to:

Hi there, WolfBullet.

The email address you use to sign into your account can be different from the "contact" email address which Microsoft will use to send you all the information about your account. 

Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner of the screen and select Microsoft Account, click the Payments and Billing tab and select billing info. From here you can edit your contact information regarding your billing information.

I hope this helps. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, Wolfbullet

If you have already changed the information on both the Microsoft Account, and the Xbox Live Account, but still receive billing statements to your old address, then I would recommend contacting Xbox Support. They are able to look into your account, and will be able to change any details you wish to be changed.

To contact support, please visit this link here: support.xbox.com/contact-us. Please select the correct options and click "chat to a Microsoft representative".

For safety, this sort of question should really be directed to support, as personal information can be disclosed in their private secure chat environment.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Sorry this didn't help.

Like I said I've been using this new address for 2+ years now to login etc. Verification codes and the like will get sent to it correctly. Billing receipts and Xbox Rewards emails get sent to the old one.

It is my Primary (and only) alias. As far as I can tell I've removed any reference to my old address on both the Microsoft Account side and the Xbox side of things.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi first off did you verify this new email address? Also did you set it to the primary Alias. Just in case as well here is a link on how to change the email and make sure things are correct. support.xbox.com/.../change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

If your problem gets fixed by this please let me know if not we can see what problem there is further.

Sorry this didn't help.