Update Wont Download

My console says that there is a update for my xbox 360 and when it starts to download it says that it cant download the update, and tells me to test my connection, but it wont let me and continues to try to download the update. There are no service alerts and the status code is 3F4A-0000-3080-0504-8007-2AF9

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi, one question, have you tried resetting your router and modem? If you have you may need to skip the sign-in and then scroll over to settings, click System, scroll down and click storage, hover over your hard drive and click Y, and lastly scroll to clear system cache. When this is finished restart your xbox and try updating again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The same thing happened to me on the last dashboard update. I just waited about a week, and i was able to download it via flash drive to my 360. Oh and dont worry, its happening to me this time to. Microsoft needs to release these earlier then a week after the update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello JackNightyy,

We do have steps for that specific error code that you are getting when you try to update your console.  You can find our steps in our forum post for Issues downloading or installing the update.

If you get through all of those steps, and are still having the issue, be sure to include the info that we ask for in Solution 9 in that post in your post here in the forums.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.