Update won't download? 351f - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2741

I've never had a problem downloading updates until Today?

Here's my error 

351f - 0000 - 0080 - 8007 - 2741

Please help,getting depressed now

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Getting the same error and never had problems with updates either.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Be glad, this update seems to break more things than in fixes

Sorry this didn't help.

Rest assure that XBL Support is on this.  Right now the Support forums are being flooded with error code complaints, which inexplicably could be related to the latest update.  While there is no answer immediately available, there will be soon. 

I can, however, say that I've had no problems with the update.  It seems to be affecting Slims and older model Xbox consoles.  Just hang tight and I'm sure this problem will be addressed soon.  In the meantime, you can try contacting one of the XBL Support agents and giving them the needed information to better assist you. 

Good luck and game on!  

Sorry this didn't help.

same prob doing my head in

Sorry this didn't help.

This error code is a home network issue, possibly caused by your firewall. How are you connect? Can you post the information listed in the START HERE sticky? forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

MIss Portia,  please stop posting this stuff.  I know you are just doing your job, but nobody is buying it.  Microsoft messed up this update and they need to fix it.  Stop telling people that it is their home network when all of us had working networks with no problems until you forced this update on us.  Please spend less time on spin control and more time fixing the glitch in this update.

I had the same error code last night and Live phone support confirmed that it was not a home network issue, but an issue with the update not properly installing and/or downloading.

Sorry this didn't help.

I has the same prob mate. Turn off your fire wall and it should work. It did for me!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a firewall and it has never been a problem for me till today. Update will not download keep getting the same error message also over and over

Sorry this didn't help.

Sharing this from my forum post (I had the exact same error code!)

I am having the same problem.  Spent four hours on the phone with xbl support, spoke with five different support reps at various levels. Eventually my ticket was escalated to a top tier rep.  Tried EVERYTHING...  Restored profile and attempted to do a manual update with three different USB storage devices, reconfigured my router several times (even though it was configured properly to begin with), switched from wired to wireless, downloaded update a second time just in case the file was corrupted during the dl, power cycled the console and router, and tried a couple of other things that I will not say because it was bad advice from one of the xbl support reps.  

Here is the straight dope.  

The update going around right now is not for all consoles, it is only for those that missed the spring (5-19-11) system update. It is meant to get all consoles that do not have the spring update installed prepared for the fall update. The way xbl customer support put it... It's like a (win xp) service pack to update core operating system files related to system security and stability, it does not change the dashboard.

Most updates are installing without any issues but some people (such as myself) are having a problem downloading the update from the console nor can they do a manual install. If the con fails to download and install the update and you get an error code like this one 351F-0000-0080-0300-8007-2F76 or a similar code the problem is not with your xbox.

A team of highly skilled giraffes at xbl are working on a solution that should be in place by Friday or Saturday. If you attempt a manual update using a USB thumb drive and it fails, DO NOT let a low level support rep talk you into sending your con in for service. This is not a broken hardware issue, it is a server side software/firmware update issue that is popping up on a limited number of consoles. If a support rep tells you to send in your console, insist on an escalation to a higher tier support rep before determining that your system needs to be sent off to the xbox hospital.

Simply put, the update has a compatibility issue affecting some consoles in a way that stalls (prevents) the update from being installed.  If the update does not install, the console will not be able to connect to xbl.  

Basically, we need to be patient and wait for the xbl system software team to fix the compatibility issue on their end.

Sorry this didn't help.

@OG Widge - I apologize about your situation, but as each error code means different things, I have to begin with standard troubleshooting that I have available for that error code. I am however glad you're able to get help via our Phone Support team, and I encourage you to continue with them for your particular issue. :)

For everyone else, please post your exact error codes so that we can determine the cause of your update issue and help you. :) 

Sorry this didn't help.