Update will not process, but does download.

My problem isn't exactly a connectivity problem. My xbox is EXTENSIVELY  configured for my network. XBOX CAN connect to my network, my network CAN connect to LIVE, Marketplace, and ALL gaming servers. All ports properly opened and configured. Update downloads and will not run. Connectivity does not seem to be my problem, seems software/firmware confliction is.

Console Serial Number: [mod removed]

Console ID: [mod removed]

D;2.0.13599.0 - K;2.0.13599.0 (BK;2.0.1888.0)

E;02D1-2114-CE96-E6BA

X;AD44-0A61-DEEC-784D

S;4F52-BB21-13DC-D713

K;00.00.00.01;00.00.0000.00;

(Hope my firmware info is ^up^ there.)

Gamertag Gerasene

ISP: Comcast Xfinity

Port I have opened are for LIVE, Marketplace and EA servers:

TCP: 88

UDP: 80

TCP/UDP: 1863, 53, 3074

Connect via ethernet cat 6e(cable passes), connection specific DHCP.

Status Code: 351F-3524-1380-0702-C000-0099 (YAY! A new one! Not the first revolving door I've been stuck in with Microsoft)

I am at my wits end with the Microsoft name. Your products are not expert friendly although they seem to just comply for the morons(masses). How is it I'm able to fully customize and configure my Linux machines and yet your OS's unless I get into some serious [mod removed] is severely limited and outrageously time consuming even then. My Linux machines run SO MUCH faster and the security difference I can't begin to explain. Here's the difference in how I feel running a Linux OS compared to MS OS: On Linux OS I feel like an Admiral in the sea. On MS OS I feel like the man who dropped the soap in the prison showers. I am getting sick of paying for an inferior "political" based product. I hope you boys can fix my problem and restore some faith in the Microsoft name for me. Over and out.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm also having the same trouble, and I keep getting the same Status Code you've been getting. After looking up the code on the website, I found this:

"This error occurs if your console has been tampered with or modified. Your console can no longer connect to Xbox LIVE, install software updates, or play new games that require a console software update."

The problem is, I haven't tampered with my xbox at all, and I'm sure  you haven't either. I'd like to get this fixed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i am having the same problem but my status code is: 5324-0000-3080-0519-8007-274c. if anyone finds out a fix for this problem let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, everyone is having problems one way or another.  Mine is it will try to download but then says there is no internet access.  I have an ethernet from my xbox to my laptop... hmm... how am I online on my laptop if there is no internet connection? -_-

Microsoft screwed up.  I looked around on other websites and people are complaining about problems with the download, so we just gotta wait for Microsoft to listen to us and fix the updates.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please look here: Troubleshoot Xbox 360 console software update problems, look up your error status code and try the steps which it suggests.

Sorry this didn't help.

can't say i ever had any problems updating, mine has always gone smooth but this one i had to keep at it over and over do to it freezing up at some point or another.

if they spent half as much time getting us some good exclusive games than turning this thing into a cable TV box things would go much better.

Sorry this didn't help.

For all others with different error codes, please create new threads; if your error code is different, then it is unrelated to the OP's issue. Having multiple error codes in one thread is difficult to troubleshoot, so we can help you better if you post your own thread! Thanks! :) 

@Gerasene - The update error code you supplied happens when your console has been tampered with or modified. From the System Update Troubleshooting page:

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0099

This error occurs if your console has been tampered with or modified. Your console can no longer connect to Xbox LIVE, install software updates, or play new games that require a console software update.

Physically disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter from the console.

You can use the following steps to turn off the automatic sign-in so that you can play games offline. To turn off auto sign-in:

1. Restart your console.
  2. Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
  3. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  4. Go to Settings, and then select Profile.
  5. Select Sign-in Preferences.
  6. Set Profile Auto Sign-in to Off.
  7. Press the B button on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.

Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign into Xbox LIVE or update your console software will result in an error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow I've been flagged as a modded console LOL. Original 2006 XBOX I bought a off a friend who I can tell you is too stupid to use a hammer let alone mod a console. I've been through three XBOXs now, the other two had failed optical drives. Now I'm savvy enough to repair it myself for less than a few dollars for a new laser lens assembly. I know Microsoft to be sneaky bastards and as such never even opened my 360s. Original 360s, never opened even by Microsoft since they were factory assembled; original, hard drives, optical drives, hell even my controllers are un-modded original XBOX controllers. This is a mistake on Microsoft's part and it is far from their first in my experience(remember OS ME??? LOL).

My suggested answer to anyone else who gets this error code unjustly is to follow me:

Don't get a new XBOX, give SONY a try or maybe even Nintendo if you're feeling crazy. I personally don't want a refund; I don't care if the ever fix this problem, I'm done. I will be puttin 5.56 NATO rounds into my 3 XBOXs until they are gone. I'm buying a PS3 the only reason I ever went XBOX is because I love the controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

We're sorry you feel that way. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Sorry this didn't help.

so what youre saying is that youre giving a big *** you to us who cant download this update and have done nothing wrong?

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone else get the impression Miss P is an AI?

Sorry this didn't help.