update will not download/ more posts more progress?

so, i tried downloading the update and to no avail. it went through at first but then an error code popped up. cleared the cache and now i can't download it at all. i have done everything that you guys have posted to do ( ie check ISP, clear cache etc.) and still wont download. i have no problems with my internet, just only xbox live. i've had problems with download in the past and it worked itself out, but never to this extent. i know it's not just myself due  to the MULTIPLE posts having the same issue. Anything you guys can tell us would be greatly appreciated.  starting to get frustrated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello!

Please try downloading the update to your computer and then onto a USB Flash Drive, and then installing it onto your Xbox. See the instructions under 'Copy to a USB Flash Drive' here: support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please post the error code exactly? There's a multitude of different ones that have different solutions to them, so not knowing that we can't really help you much.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, the Update that is rolled out to a few selected Xbox consoles (Ver. 2.0.15572.0) is not yet available for use on an USB Stick (Ver. 2.0.14719.0).

First of all, if you get network timeouts or the update doesn't quite finish, try to maximize the bandwith of your internet connection as best as possible. This means: Cancel all other traffic on your network during the update of the console. So no downloads, no Torrents, no Video Streaming, no surfing.

Try to update again.

If you need to remove a failed update to start from a clean state, try the following:

Start your console, and go all the way to the right to the Settings hub.

There choose the System tile in the upper left.

Choose Memory.

Choose your harddisc.

There press the following button combination:

Left bumper, right bumper, X, left bumper, right bumper, X

Then try a network connection test to Xbox LIVE again to trigger the update again.

And as recommended above: Try to maximize the bandwith, and stop all other internet activity on your network.

Sorry this didn't help.

i am going to try to do the usb stick and see where is goes from there. also i can't post the error code because it wont download perod. i left my xbox on for about an hour and it still was at the download starting spot. ( crash i guess?) i hope i don't need to send it in for repair...also, i did delete the cache and the only thing running on my connection was my xbox. if you are wondering if it is secure, it is. so, ill see if i can use the stick and go from there. :P

Sorry this didn't help.

Downloading  it to a USB and running it that way is a good way to go

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, GoreHunterMa121. I would recommend trying the steps that ArminatorX offered. Give it a shot and let us know if it helps. :)

Sorry this didn't help.