Update Slow as cold molasses.

Looks like this new update will take my box over a hour to upload. What's the deal? I get 17 up and 7 down. Why so slow? I can download a whole movie from the net faster than this update. Discouraging.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That progress bar, isn't just for the download of the update, but also the installation of the update too.. Depending on how old your HDD is, it might take longer than normal..

Plus, the update is changing features of the dashboard too & it can take some time, then it resets etc..

^^

Well, the HDD part is wrong. It doesn't matter how old it is.

DADDI05280, something is wrong if it took it that long. Mine took about a minute or less.

There's something wrong with your console, mine updated in about 2 minutes

Alessio

what update is this as I have not had one yet.

[quote user="Farscape247"]

what update is this as I have not had one yet.

[/quote]

And you probably won't get it t'ill next week roll out batch mate , they added some minor features to it 

here read about it   >>>>>>        http://xboxthreesixtyblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/xbox-live-recent-update-information/

@Demetre1972 - Cheers for the info .

[quote user="Farscape247"]

@Demetre1972 - Cheers for the info .

[/quote]

Anytime   champ =D

[quote user="I Dashboard It"]

Well, the HDD part is wrong. It doesn't matter how old it is. [/quote]

I beg to differ... Where is the Downloaded Update Stored & processed from Level 7 Maestro..??

A HDD, that is getting old, loses performance from the "Heads" wearing out & it makes it take longer, to read & write data etc...

The up/down stream of Internet service is not a constant. It's variable,  and perhaps your node was a bit bogged down cause everyone on your block was downloading the update too.  IDK doesn't really matter too much.