Update ruined my xbox

I cant log into xbox live because i need to update... I cant update because it gets an error.. I cant play my downloaded games or do anyhting at all now and im completely pissed.

My xbox has no dvd-drive in it due to the fact xboxs drives suck so it is gone.. its been gone out of it for years.. You cant replace the drives also because you would need to flash them illegally. So i just removed it.. I use my xbox to dowload games on demand and play them from the harddrive.. thousands of dollars worth of content is tied to my account and i cant even transfer the liscenses because it needs to sign into xbl...

This is total bullcrap... I tried putting the update onto a usb drive and it wont install the update.. It wont do it on xbl either.. I looked around a little and it seems this new update wont install if it detects modified stuff on your xbox but mine isnt modified.. it just has no dvd drive..

I dont even know if thats the reason...  I wanted to download dead rising 2 and play it so badly.. I spent 7 hours today trying to find ways to update..

I tried clearing the cache.. I tried clearing system updates.. I have 12 gbs free of space... I restrated my console probly 60 times... i called xbox tech support and was on the phone with them for like 3 hours... They said they didnt know what was wrong... And they also said my status code didnt exist... Even though thats the code it keeps giving me.

I Am not going to buy another xbox.. I dont make alot of money and i cant afford a new system right now... Plus after all this i would go ps3..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I would try to put the DVD drive back in the system.  If I am correct this system update is the updated disc format which would be looking for a DVD drive to flash to the new format.  Out of curiosity why did you bother to remove the HD in the first place?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.