Update Problem

Hi long time user first time poster. Living in a house with roommates and multiple xboxes it is more convenient for us to swap out hard drives when playing in different rooms but the latest system update is making that hard. Every time we swap hard drives we have to re-download the update. Is there a way to copy the update to the xbox so we aren't wasting our downloads/time? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm assuming you're referring to the console update that was done on June 12th to a very specific population of XBOX Live. If one of the consoles that is switching the hard drive over and over again between different consoles within the same household and the other XBOX's don't have the update then this issue will continue until all XBOX's have the same exact updates. 

This update is due to roll out to everyone on the XBOX Live Service this week. Unfortunately that's the latest information that was given, you can look out for updates to when this update will roll out to everyone by visiting Major Nelson's blog or Twitter.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My profile is on a usb but my housemates are scared of drm issues so they wont switch. I probably should have better explained. Example: Timmy downloads the update in his room but then wants to play in my room. He puts his hard drive in the spare xbox in my room as is prompted to do the update again. After a lengthy download we play and he returns to his room. If he plays in his room on his xbox again he has to redownload the update and again when he comes back in. We have never had this problem before and it is happening to all my friends when they come over. Is there a way to save the update on the console as apposed to switching/convincing all my friends to switch to usb?

Sorry this didn't help.

Spazpol has the righ idea here, use a USB for your profile(Or you can keep your profile on multiple console, and password protect it of course) and saves. Or use Cloud Storage for saves. Then you can have whatever DLC you want or use on the consoles. That way you dont have to keep changing Hard Drives.

Then once all consoles are updated you shouldn't have any issues and should be handier for you guys to move from console to console.

Sorry this didn't help.

wouldn't it be easier to just have your gamertags on a USB stick and move that around.  I have multiple xbox systems and rather then move HDDs around and risk damage (platter technology does that), you can get the same effect by having your game saves and tag on the USB stick (or cloud storage, but I prefer USB).  Because DLC links to the console in addition to the gamertag, moving the gamertag between systems should get you the same effect without all the update issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello there

Try clearing your cache (on all consoles) and download the update on all the consoles. Once this is done you should be good to go.

I have 4 consoles at home but move around the HDD and had the same problem with 3 of them. This used to happen with some games too and once I cleared the cache and re-downloaded it on all of them..the problem was gone.

Hopefully you have the same problem and this works for you too. Good Luck !!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, as soon as all consoles/hard drives have the same system update you shouldn't have to redownload it. The thing is only some received the system update last week, the rest should receive it this week (If I understood correctly)

I think when the system update is rolled out to everyone and all consoles/hard drives received it, your problem should be history

Sorry this didn't help.