Update issue

Okay so I try to update and than it doesnt work.
An xbox support employee is now going to ask "What's the status error"
Well it keeps changing everytime it disconnects from "I dont have a storage device" code to "I cant connect to xbox live" code and numbers that dont even show up in the status code area. Also I have done most of the solutions listed in the "solutions" post to no avail. What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Ninja! I understand you're having some update issues. First, could you tell me specifically what you have tried so I can try to avoid those suggestions. Also, given that you are getting multiple error codes, I'll just approach this from the ground up until we find a solution for you. Let me know what you've already tired and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

dont bother, the update is faulty. Ive  been here and been on live tech phone support. In verbatim from tech guy " the error code you have tells me its a xbox live web issue, nothing is wrong with your end. Wait till this evening or a few more hours and xbox will fix this."  In case there is an adverse opinion to this, I already tried all steps. Resetting, xlearing cache. I applaud and am greatful for the ambassadors on here but word of advice, stock giving us stock answers.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree 100% with Skeezy. The stock answers are insulting. Any forward thinking individual can see that a new update was released and issues incurred. To continue to say "test your connection or try these steps (link)" is insulting to us as members. I appreciate the ambasadors and all their hard work and am not directing ajything to them, they are only extensions of MS as a whole. At what point is there a connection drawn between the update and the issues people are having? Why does MS think that all of a sudden its peoples connection or hardware that is bad after everyhing worked fine just before the update....makes no sense.

Sorry this didn't help.

had the same problem myself i just kept tryin to update over and over and over eventually it downloaded then they rolled out another update today argh so had to do it all again lol

Sorry this didn't help.