Update issue or acct. issue?

Ok, I tried to update.  Two times it failed. After a bit I tried again and it said complete.  Now I can't sign in to live or recover gamertag.  I can sign in here though and my live address still works as well.  So what's the problem?  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

What happens when you try and sign in or recover your gamertag, specifically? Is there an error code shown onscreen?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If I let it it will just stay in the sign in window.  the error code window pops up right before the sign in window apears for just a split second then goes away.    When I try to recover gamertag it says that sign in isn't available, witch means the acct. isn't valid right?  But all the info is still there when I sign in to this website from a PC. And I also checked the email acct. and it works as well.     My live profile has apparently disappeared from my 360 entirely after I tried to recover my gamertag.   Is there a limit on a silver acct. or something?    No other error codes or anything.  

Sorry this didn't help.

That message doesn't necessarily mean the account isn't valid. Here, perhaps you can try changing the password, to see if that allows you to recover the account without issue afterward.

Sorry this didn't help.