update failure

Hello

Im having a problem updating my xbox 360 console. I have tried downloading the update several times. I have cleared the storage on my console to ensure that there is enough space for the update. I have cleared the cache. I have downloaded the update to a usb drive and the update still fails every time. I have searched the support site for the status code but have found nothing.

Here is the information you requested in the sticky:

Modem Brand aqnd Model: Huawei HG523a

Wireless connection

Update Failed Cant process the update.

Status Code 3F4A-0000-3000-0913-8007-0070

Many Thanks for your help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Have you tried this guide:

forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also you can try to update via a USB stick

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

Thanks for your reply but I have tried all those solutions including the usb drive and none have worked. Also the error code I am getting is not listed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings welshwi!
The error code is listed here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/errors/error-code-8007-0070

Is this a brand new console (right out of the box)?

Do you have a Kinect connected to the Xbox?
[quote user="welshwiZZ101"]

I have downloaded the update to a usb drive and the update still fails every time.[/quote]Appreciate if you could tell us in more detail, what happens when you try to update the system using your USB memory device.

Is it possible for you to try a wired solution instead of connecting the Xbox to your wireless network? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

The console is a few years old.

I do not have kinect connected.

I dont not have an internal hard drive and i have formatted the internal flash drive to make sure that there is enough space.

I have cleared the system cache.

When i try downloading the update, it says downloading for a few seconds and then "Update Failed" Cant process the update. Status Code 3F4A-0000-3000-0913-8007-0070

When i try updating by usb drive it says extracting for a few seconds and then the exact same error message and code.

I will try a wired connection and let you know how i get on.

Thanks for you help

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the nice input!

Let us know if a wired solution helps with your issue!

Thanks!  

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting this error as well. And not just on one Xbox. I've recently acquired two Phat Xbox 360's that hadn't been updated to the new dashboard(I believe only 1 dashboard back). I plugged them both in to Xbox Live one at a time and tried to update as far as possible. They now have the new dash but still saying there's an update. So when on Live I try to update and it says Downloading... The progress bar gets to about the "g" in Downloading then resets about 3 times then displays the error message...

"Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings etc.

Error code 3F4A-0000-3080-0506-8007-0070

I test it and it makes it all the way to Xbox Live and it asks me about updating again and would repeat the process. The times when I say no to the update after testing I see that on Xbox Live it shows that it didn't pass the test. I'd blame it on my connection or Xbox but I have a completely updated Xbox right next to me and it connects to the internet, Xbox Live, and plays online perfectly(I'll also note that I'm not splitting this over a router, I'm switching a single Ethernet Cable over between the three to test).

Next I attempted to update via USB. I downloaded the update, moved it onto a FAT32 flash drive, plugged it into my xbox both with and without the USB I was using as my memory storage device, agree to the security conditions, and during the extracting process(it doesn't repeat this time but same drill) it once again got to about the "g" in Extracting and it displays.

"Can't process the update. If problem persists go to, [Xbox Support Website]

Status code: 3F4A-0000-3000-0906-8007-0070

I've done almost every possible suggestion I could find from clearing the system caches to removing the storage device to all the other stuff. I'm going to see if putting in an actual 360 HDD will change anything but after that I'm stumped. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox is really *** with me on this one. As I said I grabbed a normal Hard Drive for the Xbox plugged it in expecting to see update requests but there were none. Turns out something about having a USB plugged in instead of the Hard Drive caused the Xbox to expect an update that it had already done. Guess my question inexplicably solved

Sorry this didn't help.