Update Failed

I receive a message on my xbox 360 that there is a system update available. The message reads...

A system update is available from Xbox Live. If you decline, you won't be able to connect to Xbox Live until you take the update. Visit www.xbox.com/update for more info. Do you want to apply the update now?

When I select "Yes", the system attempts to start the download and I get this message...

Can't download the update. To test your connection, open system settings and select network settings, test xbox live connection. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support

Status Code:  4451-0000-3080-0589-807B-01F7

Modem Brand and Model Number: **** TM822 G/CT
Router Brand and Model Number: Netgear R7000
Wired or Wireless connection: I have tried both wired and wireless connections
Update Error Message: Update Failed
Update Error Code (6 sets of 4 digits/letters each): 4451-0000-3080-0589-807B-01F7
What you've tried: 

(1) I tried changing from a wired connection to wireless - everything is working correctly with both connections, all tests pass. The system fails when I try to test the xbox live connection and of course it wants to download the update first, which causes the failure. Everything else on my network seems to be working correctly.

(2) I tried turning off my parental permissions (setup and disabled through the router)

(3) I tried deleting the xbox live profiles and then re-adding...I can't re-add because apparently I need the xbox live update first

(4) I have researched the error code on the support page...but no results are returned

(5) I have cleared the cache

Thanks for the help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:
Answer

Sorry to hear it.  I can't find that specific code but have linked the code that is closest to it.  Can you try the steps listed below?

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-807b-0194

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.