Update failed

I'm on the same boat everybody else is! I went to play a game and was instructed to download an update. I did so but within a minute of it downloading I was told that the update failed. I tried again to no avail. I've seriously done everything the troubleshooting site has said... and I still get the same message. The status code I receive is 397D-0000-D080-0200-80007-2AF9. This just happened today, and I'm already tired of it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi RogueMarie21 this error has occured to many users over the past week. In order to fix this error you will need to have one of the following: Blank RW DVD/CD or USB (Must be over 1.00 GB of size) Follow the steps as follows:

1. Format the USB drive. If you are using a RW DVD make sure it is blank.

2. Download the File from: www.xbox.com/system-update-cd

3. Once downloaded Insert a USB or RW DVD.

4. If you are using a DVD burn the files to a DVD. If using a USB just simply copy the files from the download to the USB folder

5. Once done the above insert the USB or DVD into the XBOX 360 Console.

6. The Update should update straight away. Once this is completed to update is complete and you may go back online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried all three things and none of them worked. When I put in the CD/DVD it couldn't read it and would say open tray as if there was nothing there. I tried the USB and I formatted the entire thing but then there wasn't enough room on it for the update. I just want to play my Xbox! What is wrong?!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have done exactly the same as you. Internet failed, usb failed and wont eve recognize the cd

Sorry this didn't help.