Update failed

Hello,

My name is John. Yesterday I turned on my xbox to find out that there was an update available. Which I was OK with, after the update was complete, my xbox reset. Upon it trying to sign me into xbox live it told me there was another system update available, which I was ok with once again. Although, it goes to the updating screen where it tell me not to turn of my console ect... then tells me that the update has failed and gives me the following error code:  3CD6 - 0000 - 3080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2F76  It is a system update (it asks me to update whether I have a game disc in or not), I do use a wireless connection via a wifi hotspot from my cellphone (which I've never had problems downloading updates before), Things I have tried: 1) Testing my network connection: The test runs just fine the network and internet pass, when it finished testing XBOX live, it immediately tells me there is an update available but still fails to download. 2) Clearing my system Cache (more than once) 3) From what I know...my wifi hotspot has no firewall lol so I can't do anything with that. 4) Updating via CD: I downloaded the update to my computer, burned it to a blank cd. Although when I put the disc in the XBOX it tells me that my system is up to date. I have checked my desktop version in my console info and it tells me that i'm running the new one 15574. Thanks for taking the time to help me out =)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Are you tried already solutions from this post? -> forums.xbox.com/.../153327.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Please make sure that you have all wireless devices turned off around you (this includes wireless headsets like Turtlebeach brand which do cause problems with updates)

If you've made sure that's all done, the issue might be that the internet download is too slow for the console to update as fast as it would like to, this update is about ~90-100mb and it can timeout (which produces an error code like you've got)

The only other options I can see is if you have the ability to take this console to another location where there is more stable/faster internet and try to download the update from there to see if this still gives you this same status code (it shouldn't)

Unfortunately as you are using a cellphone hotspot you don't have the ability to really change any settings like NAT etc. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.