Update Failed. Status code 3524-0000-3080-0502-8007-0468

I have been trying to connect to Xbox live for the past week.  I've had this xbox for a month then got the "red ring of death".  it was sent out for repair and returned.  Since then I have been unable to update the xbox .   When I do the Test connections, it gets to the part where it is connecting to Live, it then says there is an update, i say yes to download it.  It starts downloading then I get a message "Update failed, can't download the update.  To test your connection......"  and it gives me the status code above.  I have been to the online support and have downloaded the update to a USB and a CD, neither one works.  I have used the update disk that came in the box when it was returned to me and that did not work either.  I'm frustrated and need help.  Is there still a problem with the unit that i need to send it back again or is it something with the harddrive, if so what do i need to do to get this corrected? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 71 Applies to:

I believe that your console is still in need of further repair. Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269)  to speak with a customer service / repair technician about getting your console back in for repair. Sorry you are having issues after your repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I may have been a little hasty in telling you to call customer support that quickly. I have thought about your issue and think we have a couple options available before heading over to them.

You can try to clear the system cache by following the guide located HERE. Also you could try to format your hard drive with THIS GUIDE before calling, if you are not worried about data on the drive. However it might be your only other option. If you have a second HDD you could try that one first.

Sorry this didn't help.

If the system cache clear does not work, can you try removing the update and reinstalling it? You would do so by highlight the hard drive like you would for system cache, only instead input this button sequence: LB RB X LB RB X. That should reset your console and it will update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, you told me that suggestion a little too late.   I had just tried the formatting the hard drive before your post and I got the error "can't perform action", "there was a problem performing that action."  I then shut off the xbox, turned it back on and took a look at the memory, it said the drive was unformatted.  I tried it again and it gave me the same message.   So, now I'm assuming I'm going to have to call customer service for a repait.  Thanks for you help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, okay, a repair at this point would be the best bet. You might try setting one up on the website, though! Depending on your console's warranty status, if you have to do a paid repair, it will be cheaper.

support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been trying to do this update and every time it will freeze for about 5 minutes then it will say update failed and its done this plenty of times and tried to restart my counsel and it will still do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Rg 7RYH4RD! This thread is almost 3 years old. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into, any error codes you're receiving, and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.