UPDATE EXPLAINATION (personal opinion)

Dont bother callng tech or speaking with techs online. THE ISSUE is the update itself. I was even told so by xbox live phone support. Got an error code ending in 2ee2 and it was explained that nothing bad was on my end, but that the error code reflected on the xbox live webpage itself. Someone wants to contest my credibility? Ive tried all steps from clearing cache to resetting network settings. So its not a matter of WHAT, its now a matter of WHY? and WHEN will microsoft address this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Millions of people successfully download an update, but because you don't it's an issue on Microsoft's end?

2ee2 means there's something wrong with your network.  Have you tried downloading with a direct modem connection?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hell yeah it is, are you kidding? Ive tried every step. And for you to say something is wrong with my network is baseless. I spoke to the live rep/tech and he said that 2ee2 code was a problem with xbox live, not my connection. All i play with is direct connect. Cleared cache and went through every other step. Just take a look at all these other users and tell me, is this an isolated case?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey ChimpZ,

Have you read all of the other peoples issue with this new update? We are aware the vast majority of people downloaded without an issue, congrats. There are still quite a number of members that have not been able to connect or update. This is not an isolated incident. There is no way that thousands of people just had "connection" issues the day the update was released. I too called MS support and they said they are aware the update has caused errors but didn't explain how long it will be to be corrected.

Sorry this didn't help.

I hate to break it to you, but those agents just wanted to get you off the phone instead of helping you.  If you really want help you should follow the "start here" post and give us details about your network.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fastest (read: only) way to get around a 2ee2 error is to do the update manually.

Follow this link - http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/system-updates/system-updates-info - Scroll down and follow the instructions for installing from a disc or USB (pretty straightforward). If one doesn't work then try the other one. If they both don't work then come back here.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I think you're right, buddy. There's been an explosion of disconnecting issues since the Feb 16th update. I have done everything possible to "fix" my disconnecting. I've spent 9 hours with xbox tech support and 3 hours with my ISP. I am still disconnecting constantly. Anywhere between 5-15 minutes to up to an hour. It just has to be something with the update and I wish they'd fix it sooner than later. I feel like I'm just pissing money right now.

Sorry this didn't help.