Update Error?

Since the update before last, I haven't been able to download the update.

On the 14th ( I believe), I was in the middle of downloading an update when my internet crashed, causing the update to immediately crash, and I was kicked off of Live.

Since then, another update has came out, and I tried to download the new update, still no success. 

I have honestly tried everything, I have put the updates on a 2 GB memory stick from my computer and put it onto a USB port on the Xbox, and it doesn't run the software on the USB, and when I go into the memory settings, it tells me to format the Memory stick, to which after that, I can't put  the update back onto the memory stick from my computer because the stick is full.

I've cleared the system cache AND Formatted my Hard drive, still no cigar.

I've also tried burning it to a CD, to which the Xbox completely ignores the CD and doesn't run it.

I have no past history of failures with updates, and I'm not sure why this one's happening now.

The Status Code when I ran it about 15 minutes ago is  397D-0000-0080-0300-8007-274C (I've searched this error everywhere, never gotten a solution)

I have a 4GB Xbox slim. Any help would be appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm sorry to hear that you had to format your storage during your trouble shooting. The error code that you have listed points to an issue with your connection. I have some steps you might find helpful:

I would like to have you try to delete the old update.

(1) Disconnect your console from the internet - if you have a wireless connection go ahead and unplug your modem and router, if you have a wired connection remove the Ethernet cable from the back of the console.

(2) Remove the old update.

- Guide button > settings blade > system settings > storage > highlight any storage device listed (but do not select it) > press the following button sequence > LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X - Select yes when it asks to delete the update.

(3) After the console restarts, power it off again.

(4) Turn the modem and router back on again. I would suggest trying a direct modem connection for this.

(5) Run a connectivity test to get the console to prompt for the update.

-- If this does not resolve the issue repeat steps 1 - 3 and do the following.

(4a) Go to support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

and select to download the update to your computer.

(5a) Save the file to your computer's desktop.

(6a) place your flash drive in your computer and right click on it and select format, then select quick format, and be sure that it is formatting the flash drive to FAT32.

(7a) Right click on the file that you saved and select extract all.

(8a) Extract the files to the flash drive on your computer.

(9a) Safely remove the flash drive and insert it into one of the USB drives on the console and turn on the console.

(10a) At this point the update should self extract and install, your console may restart several times.

*If the update does not start automatically at this point, power off the console, remove the flash drive and try another USB port.

Best of luck!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.