Update Error

Like numerous other people on this site, I am experiencing an error with the most recent update for XBOX. Now, I've read most of the forum posts about this and the suggested troubleshooting guides and only seemed to find one person who is making sense of this.

My problem is this: I get prompted for the update, so I go to download it yet it fails to do so. After a couple minutes I receive the error status code: 351F-0000-0080-0300-8007-2741

I have tried checking my internet connection etc, all of that is fine. I have tried downloading it to a USB but the update does not automatically start like it should. I've cleared my caché, checked my memory etc etc.

I saw one person saying that it is a problem on XBL's end and requires some top engineers to fix it, until then, nothing can be done. I can accept that, but how long is this going to take? So far there's been no signs of progress.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there! We do have a way for you to force the update to go again. Plug the USB in, then navigate to System Settings > Memory and highlight the HDD. Press "Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X", and accept the prompts. This will clear your update cache and should allow you to update again. Let me know if this works and helps your issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly, that has done nothing to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same error code and unfortunately deleting the update altogether (the method suggested here) isn't working either. I have tried clearing the system cache and that also hasn't worked. What's also bothersome is that this error code isn't in the list of software error codes :/ This is really getting old...

Sorry this didn't help.

This was happening to me.  What you need to do it clear your cache, then on the HDD hit LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.  When it restarts do not update, just shut off your xbox.  Next, download the update to your computer, unzip it, burn to a cd, then put that cd into the xbox.  When it starts it will ask you to update, hit yes.  This worked for me, does not require xbox live connection so you won't get the error.  If you do not use the LB, RB, X thing, the update won't download.

Sorry this didn't help.