Unwanted Xbox Live Gamertag Change

I have had the gamertag ChewingMyFarts for over a year. I logged in the other day and my tag was changed to cleverpup###### with no notice from the Enforcement Team. I am worried A.) that I was hacked or B.) that Microsoft (thanks to a gamer who wanted to get revenge after being dominated, so they reported me) had a problem with my gamertag. In either case, I paid $10 to change my gamertag to a desired gamertag (NOT ChewingMyFarts). Could I please have an explanation if Enforcement changed my gamertag? And (far less likely) could I have a refund on the last gamertag change? I didn't try to circumvent the rules to make my gamertag; there was no malicious intent, so I'm having trouble understanding why there would be a $10 fee/punishment to change my name again.

ChewingMyFarts is goofy, not insulting, so hopefully Microsoft didn't have a problem with it.

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Microsoft seem to be having a major clampdown on gamertags, most probably because of the enforcement united programme.

You no longer get a free change,you get a randomly given tag which you need to pay to change.

You will not get a refund.

I'd still appreciate an email. Not all gamertags are malicious, even if they're a little goofy or a little gross. It seems unfair to me that I don't even get an explanation.

I agree your tag wasn`t offensive and you deserve an explanation.

It does make me wonder if enforcement are reviewing the tags that are being reported, or are they just forcing name changes based on the ambassador reviews in the enforcement united programme.

I don't find your gamer tag offensive. Farts are funny and are natural. I agree you deserve a good explanation on why it was changed.

How does one go about getting a response from the Enforcement team? I tried getting an answer from Xbox Support but they directed me to Enforcement; Enforcement doesn't have a clear way to contact them, so I came here.

You can post here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Perfect. Thanks, Viral.

[quote user="OWENKILLER"]It does make me wonder if enforcement are reviewing the tags that are being reported, or are they just forcing name changes based on the ambassador reviews in the enforcement united programme.[/quote]If enough Ambassadors agree that a gamertag is offensive then a FNC is automatically issued without any input from the actual Enforcement Team.

From enforcement.xbox.com/.../FAQ:

[quote]How does Enforcement United work?

Enforcement United incorporates information from multiple participants into an algorithm. That algorithm takes several factors into account, including how many members believe there had been a violation and how reliably those individual members’ historical decisions aligned with the general consensus. As a result of that process, the system may:

Automatically determine there was a violation and apply an enforcement action (e.g. require a member to change an inappropriate Gamertag)

Automatically determine there was no violation with no impact to the account in question

Escalate the complaint for one of our enforcers to review, if there was insufficient data or a lack of clear consensus from participants[/quote]

"Escalate the complaint for one of our enforcers to review"

-

Is it this part that is being skipped?

There are a lot of tags being forced changed that are simply not offensive, just like the OP`s.

It only escalates to the Enforcement Team if there isn't consensus among the Ambassadors taking part in Enforcement United.

As the section I bolded points out, if the Ambassadors do agree then the Enforcement Team never becomes involved.