Unusual Xbox 360-S issues?

Hello, I have an Xbox 360 Slim which I purchased I believe back in 2010-11. It worked great and whatnot, played my CDs and hard drive games fine. So, in 2012, when school started, I stopped playing to focus on studies, I then resumed playing in August 2013. (Around 6+ months break.) When I first booted it up in August, I noticed that it was a little slower than usual, but it booted up none the less. My games still worked, and so I ignored it. Now, I noticed few days later, around August 10, maybe 13, that it would freeze on boot up, or would simply black screen me. So, I simply clicked the power button multiple times, and it was fine. But now, on August 18, at 9:00 PM, I tried to use it, but it froze on boot up, so I attempted to restart it, but I got multiple Red Dot of Deaths. Which is weird, because this morning I was playing Halo fine. What could be the issue? I don't know if its ventilation, my Xbox lays sideways with the chrome Xbox 360 tag facing forward and horizontal, and it is on carpet. Is it possibly hardware related? Please help me with this issue, thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Never put it on carpet for one.

If you can get it booted to the dash, I recommend clearing the system cache. If you don't know how, we have people who can post a link for you.

Also, pull out your hard drive and give it a full boot up and shut down without the drive. Don't allow any updates while doing that. This is like giving the inner system a cold boot. If it's had issues from being shut off and dormant for a long time, this could clear it up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Clearing System Cache.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

You may also try deleting system updates and redownloading them.

Note These steps delete system updates that are installed on your Xbox console.
1.If necessary, follow the steps in the Move and then re-download your Xbox LIVE profile section
2.Press the Guide button and then select Xbox Home.
3.Select settings and then System.
4.Select Storage.
5.Highlight your storage device (but do not press A to select it).
6.Press the following buttons:    
a.Left bumper
b.Right bumper
c.X button
d.Left bumper
e.Right bumper
f.X button

7.On the Delete System Update screen, select Yes.
8.After your Xbox console restarts, select OK to download and install the system update.
9.After the system update has installed, re-download your Xbox LIVE profile and try to sign in to Xbox LIVE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.