Unused Gamer Tags

hello i just made this account and as everyone knows it gives u a random name and lets you change it for free 1 time only... i looked up some names and i found 3 names i realy liked and check the names to see if any1 had them my sending them a F.R. and no1 had them... but when i go to change my name to one of them it says it being used.... i looked up to see why it may be doing them and as some1 said if it has a space it reads it as 1 word but 2 of the 3 names are 1 worded there not swear words or words that should be banable ( dont know if thats a word but im going to use it ) i world post the 3 GT but i dont want them to fix it and some1 take it but if a mod. as for them i would post it just dont want them to be taken if things get figured out.

thx Jonathan,

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Recently MS has been perma deleting original tags that have been jacked / bought / sold, in the past. The gamertag you are looking for might be a zune account but could also possibly be deleted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="NutritiveMocha4"]and that would be the name "  Amount  " its a OG gamertag and i looked it up and no1 has it.. far as i know there isnt anything dealing with the gamertag amount.[/quote]That name does in fact exist as an Xbox 360 (not original Xbox) gamertag. http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/MyXbox/Profile?Gamertag=A%20mount

The spacing of the letters and the capitalization of the letters is irrelevant, as Xbox Live reads "A mount" the same as "AMOUNT"

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="NutritiveMocha4"]here i will post one of the GT that i was looking to change it to.... and that would be the name "  Amount  " its a OG gamertag and i looked it up and no1 has it..[/quote]

If the change attempt says the gamertag is taken, it is taken. It's hard to look things up thoroughly: your example is taken because there is a gamertag called "A MOUNT". This is covered in a sticky post at the top of this very forum.

Unavailable gamertags

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/19165.aspx#gt

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="NutritiveMocha4"]

here i will post one of the GT that i was looking to change it to.... and that would be the name "  Amount  " its a OG gamertag and i looked it up and no1 has it.. far as i know there isnt anything dealing with the gamertag amount.

[/quote]

As voteDC has said, it might be a Zune account, which is why you might not see a gamerscore or you cannot send a friends request.

Sorry this didn't help.

here i will post one of the GT that i was looking to change it to.... and that would be the name "  Amount  " its a OG gamertag and i looked it up and no1 has it.. far as i know there isnt anything dealing with the gamertag amount.

Sorry this didn't help.

Other Microsoft services, such as Zune, share the "gamertag" system. So just because it is not in use on the 360, does not mean it is not being used elsewhere.

Sorry this didn't help.