Unstable Xbox Live, Error Status Report Code

I've recently moved to San Francisco, CA, and I am having trouble with Xbox Live at my new place. It can connect to XBox Live just fine, the problem comes when I start playing games and chatting with friends online. The connection will suddenly drop for a split second and then come back. Sometimes this is enough to kill the current game I'm playing, and other times all it does is drop me from my party chat.

I've tried to port forward and enable UPnP settings and it does not help. I do not know what my NAT setting is because when I test the Xbox Live Connection it doesn't say. Instead I press Y and it comes up with this bizarre error message which I tried Googling with zero success:

W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - 000D
Y: 20A8 - 4800
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF

Here's all other basic information answered, if I haven't already answered it already.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? San Francisco, CA
Modem brand & model number:  Dual modem/router combo, Netgear DGND3300 
Router brand & model number:  Same
Network Connection Type: Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? 
Things you have tried: Port Forwarding, UPnP, Googling specific error message. I've found others who have had the same error but I never saw a resolution
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? I don't know. When I test the Xbox Live setting it does not specify the NAT, it only gives me the weird error message
 Any Error Codes you encounter: See above
What type of internet do you have? ADSL2+ 

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Sonic.net (Fusion Broadband)

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? 
Aside from the specific error I posted above, all it says is this:
Network: Connected
Internet: Connected
Xbox Live: Connected

As I said before, Xbox Live works just not reliably. I'll be able to play online and chat online for anywhere between 5-30 minutes before it suddenly drops the connection. Most of the time it drops the connection and immediately comes back up, but as I said before this can be enough to drop the game, making playing games online kind of frustrating.

If I knew the problem was with the router I would just buy a new one, but I wanted to check here first and see if anyone could help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If it's not giving you any NAT errors about strict or moderate NAT, then your NAT is open.  

And that error code isn't really an error code, everyone's xbox live has some weird variation of those and I'm not exactly sure what they do.

I don't know about your problem though.  Did you try manually setting all your network info on the xbox?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I configured the network settings manually and set up port forwarding on my router.

I also tried a ping test and I don't see any unusual jumps. And so far using the internet I haven't noticed any drop offs or anything unusual, it's just when using Xbox Live. Speedtests show 8.5Mbps/1.0Mbps, and ping is usually under 20ms.

Sorry this didn't help.

Looking at your post, I see nothing wrong.  You are wired which is a good thing, it also means that you are getting a direct connection to the router.  If you haven't, try opening all the ports if you haven't.  If it doesn't work, I do suggest you closing them all up because you can be easily hacked if your router doesn't have firewall.

If you do need help with opening all the ports, check if your router appears on:

http://www.portforward.com

If nothing helps you on PortForward, you'll most likely need to call the ISP.  Microsoft won't be able to help you because the router isn't a MIcrosoft product.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have this excact same issue. sometimes my games drop after i been playing for a while, but whats got me stuck right now is that i cannot download any game or do any updates. HELP??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, DockingREAPER! I'm sorry to see any issues connecting to your games. This thread is over 4 years old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.