Unresponsive while Connected

While in my game today my controller became unresponsive while still connected. It wouldn't go back to the home page, none of the buttons were working and none of the joysticks were responding either. After disconnecting my controller and reconnecting, then updating the controller it came to being the only way for me to use my controller is to have it directly connected to the console now. Once the chord comes lose the controller says it's connected and on but unresponsive.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hey Daedric Spider,

Sorry to hear about the controller issue! I see you have already updated the controller and the issue continued, have you tried turning the Xbox One controller off and re-synced it to your Xbox One console? First, throw some fresh AA batteries in the controller and then follow these steps below:

• Press and hold the guide button on your Xbox One controller until a prompt shows up on the screen. You will want to select "Controller Off".
  • Follow the steps under 'Enroll the controller using the console's connect button' on our Connect a Controller to Your Xbox One guide to sync the controller back to your Xbox One console.

Try that out and let us know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.