Unreadable Games and Disconnected from Xbox Live

So yesterday my Xbox 360s stopped reading any discs, CD, DVD, or game. For the past 3-4 weeks it started giving an Unrecognizable Disc sign which would later be self-resolved and I would be able to play any games. I'm assuming this is a laser problem. Furthermore, I am often having trouble signing into Xbox Live even when my connection is absolutely fine. It does work eventually but it takes some work. Also, occasionally,  the disc will be recognized but it will then proceed to give a Disc Unreadable error. Any suggestions/ solutions? 

PS: It will play downloadable games that I purchased from the market place (ie. Minecraft, CoD: BO).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 127 Applies to:

Hello there Asian Bran! Ok, so first off click here to trouble shoot your issue in relation to the disc read error! Also, in relation to you being disconnected from Xbox Live, it may be an issue with your NAT Type. The link provided here will give you more information and troubleshoot steps for NAT Type.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted,

Dark.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thats whats been happening to my xbox. One of my games got scratched while it was another xbox. So I put it in mine to see if it would play, the scratch wasnt deep. Xbox wouldn't read the disc, but then I started getting disconnected from xbox live. When I would turn on my xbox it start without a profile loading with the auto-load option on. Then I got it to start reading, tried to install the game to my 250GB hard drive and it wouldn't go past 14%. I went into the settings to look at the storage and my 250GB along with 4GB were no longer formatted . So that could be whats going on with yours. Something loaded wrong when your xbox started up, If you plug in a USB memory stick, or unplug a memory device after the game is on, loading, or before it fully shuts down I believe it can corrupt files.or you already havehave a corrupt file on your memory somewhere. You should try going to the xbox menu under system settings or console settings, where ever it is that you can look at your storage files, dont click to see whats in the actual files, highlight the storage device and then press Y,  bringing up the device options. When it comes up it should say . Remove XBOX storage device, or Format. If it says Format on the main memory device, your hard drive might be corrupt

Sorry this didn't help.

@DooKieBriTchez, did this reformat fix your problems? Mine says reformat.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wait, it doesn't say that it is un-formatted. I think the problem is just my disc scanner. The connection is working fine now. Occasionally, however, even on start up it will start signing in and then show the disconnected from xbox live message. It then will not let me sign in until after a few attempts or I go and test my connection where it shows that everything is fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine never showed up as reformat. it was either Remove Xbox Storage Device or Format, so it doesn't sound like your hard drive then. It could be your disc-drive, or it could be both. I'm still trying to figure out whats going on with my system

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Bran!  Did that disc drive troubleshooter help you with the read errors? Also, have you ever tried playing with all accessories (including hard drive) removed from the system?  If those steps don't help, then your best bet will be a repair: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.