Unreadable discs?

So I haven't played my Xbox a lot recently and i read in a magazine today that there has been a problem with some older xbox 360's not reading discs properly after an update is applied. Since reading this I have installed all the updates that Xbox live wants to do when I connect and it still let me get into madden 11. My real question is if this means I am in the clear with this issue or if it only has been effecting newer games. Madden 11 is the newest game that I own. Do I need to barrow a newer game from a friend to be sure I am in the clear? Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

My console also gives me a disc unreadable error. I played it once in June and since then. i cannot play games anymore. I can play the same games on my friends console but not on mine. What can the problem be. Somebody, anybody, please answer us. Thankyou

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please go here to troubleshoot  disc errors, support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive.aspx , if nothing works please phone support. @Dux32x , it varies on what games , most should work fine , only a small number of people get errors.

Thanks,

Darren

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.