Unreadable Disc Error/Error while trying to read disc

I have a 360s console that when I boot it up and put a disc in, the disc is read as unreadable. Doesn't matter what disc I put in, the disc is still unreadable. After many attempts at troubleshooting the issue via Xbox Support's official Disc Drive Solution and many calls and emails to Xbox Support, I have noticed that there's a fix that is actually pretty irritating.
My console needs to have the disc drive warm up. It seems that installed Arcade games and other installed games work fine from the HD but reading a disc in the drive is impossible until about 10-15 minutes of the console being on. This is EXTREMELY frustrating, as the console should be able to read the disc after booting up. I'm not sure what the cause is of this, but I would love to know. Does anyone have an answer to this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Your lens for your xbox is probably dirty, I suggest you buying a lens cleaner from radio shack or some other electronic store they usually range from $8-20. Once you buy it insert it into your console and let the disc play it will be cleaning your xbox as it does. (remember to read the instructions for the CD though as they will have specific instructions labeled on them.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'll have to test it out and let you know if it works.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having this same issue and went out and bought a lens cleaner for ten bucks and has worked fine for a month so far with no problems. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.