Unreadable disc error

Hello,

I have a xbox 360 kinect, and when I attempt to play nearly any game gives me an unreadable disc error.  Initially I thought it was the laser, but xbox looked at it, said it was fine, but ultimately sent me a new xbox anyway.  No improvement.  The failure occurs after downloading the upgrades.  I have cleared the cache without resolution of the problem.  Anyone have any suggestions????

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I fixed it.  When I sent the console back to microsoft, they had me to remove the hard-drive and just send the console.  As I said, they examined it twice and then gave up and sent me a new xbox, which also didn't work.  Brand new games still would not work after downloading the software upgrades.  I broke down and ordered a new hard-drive for it.  After installation the system no longer gives me the disc error message and Halo 4 is up and running.  I haven't tried the other games that were failing, but I expect the same results.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the input.  It is not the games. They fail brand new out of the package.  Its always after an update.  Halo 4 was the last one and I literally took off the wrapper and put it in.  Someone suggested maybe it was the NAT on my router, but Im not playing multiplayer.   Again I had a brand new system.  The only thing from the previous system that was replaced is the hard-drive.  Would that do it??

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you clean your discs every so often? We've got a set of sticky fingers in our house. Follow silentkill's link and the official how-to in about 3 pages in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there have you tried following page? => support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Sorry this didn't help.