Unnecessary Gamertag Recovery Request?

Having not connected to Live for sometime, I attempted to do so recently and found that I was unable to sign in, receiving a recommendation that I recover my GT via xbox live. After a little research I discovered that GT recovery is required after deleting or transferring your GT to another console, neither of which I have done. As previously mentioned it has been a while since I've been on live and I would prefer not to lose the achievements. I have contacted customer support regarding this matter but opted additionally to post here and see if any others have had this issue. Any takers?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Buttons! Sometimes your account simply gets corrupt or needs to be refreshed on the console. Needing to recover the profile is not a sign of any foul play. However, if you feel that your account is compromised, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and ask to start an Unauthorized Access investigation. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. Thanks for the response. Any idea if I'll automatically lose gamerscore by recovering? I'm hoping to get around losing it. I didn't have any MS points on my account to be spent via unauthorised access but I can't think of any other cause for the recovery requirement.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey brokenbuttons, no you will not lose any gamerscore by recovering your profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

He actually will lose his achievements Adam. You have been playing offline earning achievements and have not connected to Xbox live in some time. Once you recover your gamer tag it will refresh your profile at the Gamerscore that was last posted to the servers. 14,170 is what it will recover at, this is the amount you will have if you recover your GamerTag. Sorry for the trouble Buttons, I hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

BomberMann is correct. If you earn offline achievements and then recover the profile before connecting to LIVE, they will be lost. I'm sorry, but I don't think there is anyway around this.

Sorry this didn't help.