Won't it be cool for unlimited XBL tell me what you think

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What do you mean Unlimited ??????

I'm willing to make the bet he means making the online play part of LIVE free.

-

Genuinely I can't see that happening after this length of time, why would Microsoft want to get rid of such a large revenue stream when people have shown they are willing to pay.

I would give this a 99.99% chance of not happening :P

[quote user="Judge Bergan"]

I would give this a 99.99% chance of not happening :P

[/quote]

So you're telling me there's a chance. Yeah!

Of course there is a chance. Microsoft is going to have to get very competitive in the coming years. Especially with the possibility of other devices stealing their thunder. From Roku and Apple TV to Steam Box. There could be a time when Xbox live is no longer appealing to your average user. Especially at a 60.00 a year price. Sony is no longer their only threat.

But why would MS make all those wonderful Apps free to everyone, when they can charge to use them, even though they are free to use on other systems

Because the subscription is eventually going to come back to bite them in the @@@. Paying will not be nearly as justifiable once apps become standard living room features. Go ahead fanboys. Give my post one star.

Unlimted online play? That's crazy talk!

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Why is it crazy? It works everywhere else and had it been free, Microsoft could have sold more than 70 million consoles. Microsofts best generation is right on par with Sonys worst generation. Two consoles put together couldn't even break 100 million units sold. Doesn't matter how much money they are making from it. Long term success in this industry depends on marketshare. I already mentioned about how irrelevant apps are going to be. So now what happens if Steam enters the living room market as well? Are you that confident Microsoft will be able to succeed by still charging for everything? Especially with such a limited exclusive library?

Next-gen, my purchase wil likely be whichever one is cheapest to play month to month.  I feel stupid for the extra several hundred dollars I paid for LIVE over the years just to have Netflix and play the occasional game with friends.  I may own a 360, but my next console (whatever it is) will NOT be getting an arbitrary additional $50 a year just to use it.