unknown guest account.

there is a guest account on my xbox live...but i never put it there...it only shows up every now and again...CAN I DELETE IT? how did it get there in first place?? can i stop it from appearing on my xbox live?? is it a security risk for my account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

is it another gamertag or is it just labeled guest? If so that is just the guest option.

The guest option is for a friend of yours to sign in if you are playing 2 player on xbox live and only one of you has a gold account. That way you can play multiplayer games like Black Ops and Halo 3 with your buddy, they will just show up as your gamertag with an extra number after it.

Example

Totenkopf69(1)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah...I am not too sure what you mean by "guest account".  The only time I have ever seen that is on games that support the "guest" option on Xbox Live.  In games that do (like the Halos) when you start an online game, you sign in with your Gold sub.  Other players can sign on the same console and play online with you via the "guest account": they sign in under the "guest" option.  They will then show onscreen as (your GT)1, 2, 3.  This is the only time I have ever seen the "guest account".  And no, you can't delete it.  As stated above, it only shows up on games that support it.  And then it only shows up in the sign-in process for players on the same console as you.

Sorry this didn't help.

the guest profile shows up without a gamertag...i only ever play games solo...AS long as it is something that automatically shows up with games that support guest account...but as i say..i never made a guest account/profile....

Sorry this didn't help.

You don't have to...the "guest account" option will show up automatically.  You don't have to do anything to make it show up.  And it does not have a GT...anyone that uses it will have your GT followed by a 1, 2, or 3.

Sorry this didn't help.