United Kingdom as Location on Xbox

Whenever i try to set my location to United ingdom it says this violates the terms and conditions... wtf!?!?!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Oh yeah I read that wrong, sorry. Mr. Charmer is right :-)

Just check with Xbox Support over on Twitter, such a wonderful service, and simply changing the WLID to one with a UK region setting wont change the region of the Gamertag...only way is to create a new profile altogether.

-

Customer service would be unable to change the default region of the gamertag as well according to Twitter Xbox Support

This is why as "Shizzle" as it might be to have a Simpsons gamer picture for a week...

You're probably just better off signing up for the service for the region you live in.

Is providing false information just against the XBox LIVE Code of Conduct or does it apply to the Forums as well?

Az

If the Windows Live ID is the problem, then you could also just change the Windows Live ID and don't need to create a new Xbox LIVE account. Have a look here: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

But I am not 100% sure that the region of the Windows Live ID is causing your problem. But if it is, a change of the Live ID would be worth a try.

As above, the region your Gamertag is set to is set by the region of your Windows LIVE account, if Customer Support cant change this all you can do is make a new Account using a new WLID thats set in UK

[quote user="Kurrza"]

i have mine set to united states and it ask for euros  instead of dollars..thats wtf cause i cant get live GOLD anymore...

[/quote] Gold is universal. Its only Points that are region locked. You would probably be best using an online retailer like Electronic First, who sell Gold, and Points for US and EU accounts. 

Contact customer support. Your Windows Live account is set to US, and I'm not aware of any method to change it manually.

i have mine set to united states and it ask for euros  instead of dollars..thats wtf cause i cant get live GOLD anymore...

cheese it..the Feds!!