Unhappy with Xbox One language and location settings

I'm from Switzerland but like to play my games in English.

In any version of Windows this is pretty simple. I can select "en-US" as my language and set the location to "CH". This works fine and all regional settings are correct.

On the Xbox, when I select "English" as my language, I get only some countries as option. Switzerland unfortunately is not one of them. Actually I don't care all to much , so I selected US, Few days ago I wanted to buy a new game, but my credit card was not accepted. I found out it was because it is not originated in the US.

Therefore, to buy new games/apps I need to set the language back to German and the location back to Switzerland, restart the console, but the game, switch to en-US again and play the game.

Shouldn't we be able to set the language independently from the location (just the way it is in Windows)? I know so many guys from all over the world living in Switzerland, not even able to speak German, French or Italian.

I found out, I could set English/Hungary - which is actually pretty close (spoken geographically - and be able to play in English with my Swiss credit card being accepted at the same time. But then the store uses Hungarian Forint and prices are pretty low compared to CHF. Seems to me this is not well thought out.

Kind regards

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there, SwissTiQ! This feature is not currently available on the Xbox One. You will want to check out our Feedback site to see if there is already a suggestion there related to this. If you find one, give it a vote to move it up, and leave a comment on it to express your sentiments. If you don't see if there, please do post it up so that others can vote for it.

Thanks for understanding!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.