Unformatted Hard Drive - Faulty Xbox/HD?

Hello, I'm Mash Armour and I'm having a problem which I have never had previously, since roughly around two weeks ago when signing in to my Xbox 360 s model the load-up screen has been very slow and so is the sign-in phase, on multiple occasions it would tell me that my profile was 'corrupted', so on a daily basis I would find myself recovering my own account onto my console.  It became a daily pattern until I grew restless of recovering in consecutively for a week so I proceeded to delete the profile and game saves off of my profile as it said they were corrupted.  I had no problems for around 24 hours until the next morning I turned on my xbox to see I had no profiles, no game saves, no theme, you get the picture.  So I proceed to my memory where it says my hard drive is 'unformatted'.  I then format it however after it claims for the procedure to be finished it still says it's unformatted.  I am very unhappy with this as I would consider myself to be a loyal customer to xbox have accumulated over 5 years of xbox live between two accounts (6 this May) and between those two also around 50,000 gamerscore.  I am not pleased as the games saves etc. I have lost cannot be replaced. I am also unwilling to buy a new console because of the possibility of the 720 this year.  To stop my rabbling I'll end here, help please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

Hi there Mash Armour,

May I ask, did this hard drive come with your console or did you purchase it separately?  If it was separate, where did you buy it from and how much did you pay?

If your hard drive came with your console then it has certainly developed a fault, I would assume however that the console itself is fine.  Whether you can get a replacement drive depends on what your warranty status is.  Perhaps your console is still covered from the store or online retailer you purchased it from?

Hard drives can not be repaired, I'm afraid your save games are gone.  Your Xbox LIVE purchases can all be downloaded again free of charge via your download history.  So everything you've purchased is safe.

It may come down to having to purchase a new hard drive and then re-downloading your content again.  In the mealtime, you can use USB Flash drives to store your Xbox LIVE downloads and data up 32GB.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.