Unfair 19.98 charge

To Whom it May Concern:

I just recently got my xboxlive gold account back online, the person I talked to two days ago was not at all helpful and when I asked to talk to his supervisor he disconnected the call. Furthermore he did not inform me that I was going to be billed $19.98 for a period of time that I was not even able to access the service. I just got off the phone with Arturo and his supervisor Bill Service# 1156771085 ( BTW I want to add they were both excellent in their customer service skills). Bill did what he could to reverse the charge but was not able to and reffered me to this site. I understand from what Bill said that the charge cannot be reversed but, since things could have been handled quite differently and I had no access to the service in the time of question, I was wondering if there is anyway to instead give a $19.98 value as in Microsoft Points, a game or a couple months of live to make up for this.

Respectfully,

Michael Livingwater (VegasAce65)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 166 Applies to:

My question is did you not recive the two months of services you where billed the $19.98.

Did you check billing.microsoft.com at any time you where receving the 7ish 'Microsoft Can't Bill You Email's?

Or do you just perfer to blaim someone else for things your could have known and resolved yourself?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem, being charged for services not delivered, I refuse to pay.  *** you Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

-

Please do not post your personal info, such as reference numbers and your real name.

-

As for the $19.98 value games or points. Unfortunately, that cannot be done.

-

Sorry this didn't help.

@Solid - You should contact support if you're having issues with your subscription.

Sorry this didn't help.

please no swearing solid blob

Sorry this didn't help.

Phone support are the only ones who can deal with this.No one on the forums can do anything about billing/refunds.

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your membership was suspended for nonpayment on a monthly subscription. Was the time you were "unable to access the account" time where you were moving or didn't have the money to pay your membership? If your subscription was set up to auto renew monthly and you missed a payment for say, May and June, you'd owe $19.98 and your account would freeze AFTER the June month is pretty much over. That means that Xbox DID provide you Xbox Live for those months and you just paid your PAST DUE balance. If you forgot to cancel your membership, well, now you know what to do for next time you aren't using your membership. It's just like Netflix, if you're not using it, cancel it or you'll still get charged.

How to turn off your auto-renew:

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Sorry this didn't help.