unexplained lag

Hi, I have a xbox 360 slim with the 250 gb hd. I have had it over a year and everything has been perfect. The last couple weeks I will go into a game online and the first game the connection is perfect. Every game after the first game I go red bar and black screen. My nat is open, I have a wired connection, I have replaced the entire ethernet cable, tested the modem and the router, reset the router to factory settings. When I plug the ethernet line in my laptop and do a speed test it still pulls 25 download and 5 upload with a 10 sec ping. In the graph the connection is dipping. All other lines in the house do not do this. My question is have any of you heard of the ethernet port going bad and causing this lag? I dont know what to do except trying to plug my xbox in another line somewhere else in the house. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I had a Problem that my xbox connected wired and wireless to my Router. I didn´t know that this is possible and I think it´s a BUG. So If you play wired. Try to disable WLAN in your Router. Restart your Router and watch if it gets better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

why would this suddenly happen? Ive had my xbox setup like this for 6 years.....

Sorry this didn't help.

I don´t know but I saw it on my Router. And the setup was also the same. With the last update something was changed? You can try it an look if it gets better.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Roo Tube, I have a very similar problem, I have gone through all the tech support options both Microsoft, and my Internet Service can offer. Best advice I can give you is to move to PS3, I have 2 running great here while my Xbox is still disconnecting after spending so much money on other things like routers and cables to try to get it working- Seems like there is a huge flaw in the design.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest a full system reboot, unplug modem and router for 5 mins, then plug in modem wait 5 mins then plug in router and wait 3 mins then turn on xbox first, if thats doesnt fix problem then try this link:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest a full system reboot, unplug modem and router for 5 mins, then plug in modem wait 5 mins then plug in router and wait 3 mins then turn on xbox first, if thats doesnt fix problem then try this link:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.