Unbanned HDD in a Banned Xbox 360

I recently had my xbox 360 break, and a friend loaned me his xbox, he forgot to tell me his xbox was banned... But whatever. So I put my unbanned HDD in the Banned Xbox and recovered gamertag ect. I can go online, use netflix, all the good stuff, but some of my saved files are now corrupted. Mass Effect 2 and Resident Evil 5 are corrupted... but Call of Duty Black Ops and Fable 3 are still good.. is this a known issue?

Resident Evil 5 was a Marketplace download directly to my Hard Drive, the game works, but the save file keeps comming up "Failed to Load." For Mass Efeect 2 a message popped up on the start menu saying multiple files are corrupted, would you like to delete the files? So im not sure whats going on.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Go to the memory section of the system settings blade on the dashboard, locate your saves and check to see if there's an exclamation point next to any of them, if there is then they're lost. Whether this is a consequence of the console being dodgy or an unwelcome conincidence I don't know. If the console was banned you wouldn't be able to go online with it by the way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="DaDrunkenJesta"]So I put my unbanned HDD in the Banned Xbox and recovered gamertag ect. I can go online, use netflix, all the good stuff, but some of my saved files are now corrupted. Mass Effect 2 and Resident Evil 5 are corrupted... but Call of Duty Black Ops and Fable 3 are still good.. is this a known issue?[/quote]

A banned console can no longer create signed content, such as saved games and profiles. I suspect that you just didn't try playing the games with uncorrupted saves, or you didn't make any progress that needed to be saved.

As another gamer said, you'll need to find the corrupted files in your System Settings (under Memory) and delete them. There's no way to fix the "corruption".

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.