Unauthorized Purchase of Microsoft Points

My Xbox got E74 more than a year ago, and I have not had one since. I have not played on my Gamertag, nor have I even signed in other than rare cases where I wanted to check my achievements here on Xbox.com. We cancelled the Gold Membership on 8-14-11 and, and have had no problems since.

Now, today, 10-24-11 at 7:48AM, my bank account was charged $125, and about 10,000 microsoft points had been added to my account, 5,000 of which were immediately spent on DLC for Fifa 12, a game that I have never owned or even played. I've already changed my account password for Windows Live, but since I don't actually have a console, I can't recover my Gamertag.

I honestly hope that Microsoft doesn't expect me to pay my hard earned money for something that I did not buy, will not use, and CANNOT even use to begin with.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The one thing you should be doing, right now, is canceling the card.

After that, I'm not sure, but believe, that it is possible to call Xbox Support, and tell them about this problem. You will need to have proof that you did not at all purchase these, which for now seems you have none. Xbox is not responsible for refunding you if you spent the money,if someone else did they, I think, can look into it. But fraud is fraud, do not report a claim thinking it will be that easy to get all your money back even if you spent it.

That's the best I could do, I'm not an official from Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox Support is down for two hours, and I'm guessing due to the MANY posts saying the EXACT same thing that I am (Someone buys thousands of MS Points and spends them on Fifa 12 DLC) that this might be why they're down. It's not some conspiracy where over 20 people all come together and think "Hey, lets buy some FIFA crap and then get our money back", someone is obviously accessing their accounts, and people are not happy about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

There were recently discussions that a small few of accounts were hacked, and Fifa 12 content was purchased.

The first thing you should say to support is exactly that. They will understand the problem.

Sorry I did not say the first, I just saw the Fifa thing.

Your issue will be resolved after that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please call Phone Support to file an Unauthorized Access claim: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.