Unauthorized account investigation going on for over 100 days now with no resolution

Back in the beginning of August I had someone take over my Xbox 360 account, use up about 8000 Microsoft points that I had purchased by buying a bunch of games, and generally messing around with my account (changing profile pic etc). I was able to recover the account, logged in and saw I had 40 Microsoft points left (guess they didn't want to be total jerks, right?), and saw they downloaded a ton of games.

Called the customer service line and had a ticket opened about August 8th. I was told that it would be approximately 20 - 25 days and to not log into my xbox live account as I would be getting an email letting me know when this was taken care of, and the steps to recover the account officially. I waited 30 days, no email. I called customer service and the person I spoke to tells me, sorry - we couldn't actually start the investigation because the person taking your information forgot to ask for a secondary email... for real? I asked him why no one called me to let me know. His response, I dunno. He takes down my second email address and says it will be another 30 days and he is going to enter the ticket right now. I asked him if there was any way to escalate this because of the mistake by the first csr. He flat tells me no and there is nothing he can do about it, another 30 days.

Fast forward another 30 days to October 7th. We are at 60 days now. I call in and ask the status of my ticket and I'm informed the ticket hasn't been started yet. I kindly ask why, and the lady tells me that the person who took your second email address and said was going to enter the ticket DID NOT enter the information in correctly so the ticket never submitted. I'm a little frustrated at this point. She ASSURES me that the ticket information is going to be entered in correctly and submitted correctly this time and noted all this on my now THREE different ticket numbers. I again ask for an escalation or to be given priority because I am at 60 days now. I'm told no once again, another 30 days.

I call in November 4th and November 11th to check the status, and both times I'm told, sorry you just need to wait a little bit longer. I ask can you give me the status? I'm told, sorry we can't do that. You will just need to wait a little bit longer. I told them it's been 30 business days now, and the guy tells me, "Don't know what to say other than you need to wait a little bit longer. Is there anything else I can help you with sir?" I said no, and he hung up.

This is no going well past 100 days with no resolution, and mind you that none of the issues with the tickets are any fault of my own but the fault of the csr agent who didn't take my information correctly and the one who couldn't submit a ticket correctly, and now the time taken going well past what I was told it would take. At one point I asked the guy just to stop the investigation and give me my account back because it was taken so long. Was told no. Asked if I could speak to a supervisor about escalation this because of all the mistakes being made with my ticket. Was told no to speaking to the supervisor. What is it going to take for this to finally be fixed?

If needed, I have the numbers for all 3 service tickets, and can easily give those. I just want this resolved asap.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation it's been 4 months and counting.

Since July 10th. I have never been told that my info wasn't taken down correctly or anything like that though.

I spoke to a supervisor last week and was told I should hear something in 3 to 5 days. Still nothing as of today.

I have only since then received an email in regards to XboxLive Rewards and that's it. Nothing with the investigation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there TheMoosee999 - I can definitely understand why you'd be frustrated by this experience. I'd like to take a look into this, so can you PM me here on the forums those reference numbers? You can PM me using the envelope below my post. Thank you, and again, our apologies for the frustration.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.