Unauthorized Access

Hey everyone,

So I had someone somehow get ahold of my login information, and buy $70 worth of microsoft points and buy rift or something like that on my account on november 8th. So I call up microsoft and get a UA started and they told me it would take 25 days. I contacted my bank and did get the $70 back into my account from my bank, but the xbox live account was still under investigation.

On december 2nd, xbox called up to verify that my console id and serial number was correct, and that was that. They told me I would get a call in like a week. I didn't get any call, and when I called up xbox live, they told me that the UA was redone on the 2nd, and now that is why it is taking so long. Why would they redo the whole investigation because of just rechecking my console ID and such?

So I also ran out of xbox live, and I can not purchase any more, and can not use a prepaid card to get any xbox live. I also missed out on a deal from bing for a free month of xbox live. I called microsoft up again today, and they were completely unhelpful, and told me to post on the forums to have some one answer me to why my account is under investigation for so long, what's going on, and what I can do to get xbox live. They told me to make a new account for a while and buy xbox live for it.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Do not buy live for a temporary account they will give you more time, you probably just got a crappy Rep. Call again and ask for some more time, be nice about it though. I've gotten a lot of codes and they keep offering me more.

Also, there will be no information on your UAI until it is finished, I've been waiting for 3 months and have heard nothing besides it's taking a LONG time. Was your account migrated to another region, because if it was good luck with that. Mine was and that's why some people have been waiting 6+ months. Microsoft dropped the ball big time on this and they aren't really rushing to pick it back up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

im at 50 days now, getting really peed off now, and they just dont care, we miss out on all the xmas live offers, i`m thinkg there must be some way to speed things up, how about police, they promised no longer than 25 days, im not at 50, what a joke, however i have noticed that people who had there account migrated like us are now getting them back and back to there region with there ms points refunded, there is hope, the 2 ive spoken to who get there account back, one was at 123 days and the other at 77, please ms sort this out

Sorry this didn't help.

the issue with migrated accounts is the account shave to be rebuilt line by line

since the tool forfeited all download rights along with the billing info it was never meant to be reversed

you don't want an account back without your purchased games or able to add another creditcard do you?

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar event happened to be, though I was able to get my account back before calling them. Someone added $70 worth of points and spend about $42 on "PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO" on 11/27/11. I called them right after I regained access to my account and they locked it for investigation. I got an email on 12/14/11 saying:

Dear Xbox LIVE Customer,

We reviewed your report of unauthorized access to your Xbox LIVE account. It appears that you've regained control of your Xbox LIVE account. If you haven't regained control of your account, please call Xbox Support and mention your Service Request Number -------------. We are happy to help you resolve any problems with your Xbox LIVE account.

If purchases were made on your Xbox LIVE account while your account was out of your control, the purchase amounts will be refunded. Refunds for fraudulent purchases will be credited to your account within the next 10 business days, but can take up to 30 days before they appear on your credit card billing statement.

I also received 2 free months of Xbox Live, but I decided not to touch my account beyond checking the billing history to see when I'd be refunded for the lost points. I just checked today to see that all of the points I had (the ones the hacker added, but didn't spend, and points that I added beforehand) are gone. Before, it was in the history that the points were spent and what they were spent on. This time around, there's nothing indicating where the points were spent. I don't know if this is just Microsoft's SOP for refunds or what, but I'm gonna hold out a few days to see if its before I call and question it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there OP, I can certainly understand your frustration with the process. Can you PM me your reference number from the call to Support earlier today (or Yesterday, actually. :) ) We'd like to investigate that particular call. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

ngocphi and that's why the Migration Tool should of never been released.

Looks like they are going to Investigate your phone call. I've still yet have anyone here ask me for my info on my case. Been 5 and half months of dealing with this clusterfuck.

Sorry this didn't help.