Unauthorized Access - Investigation Time Frame Issue

So, from what I've heard, this seems all too common. I had unauthorized access in December and an investigation was started. I had been told the process takes up to 25 days to resolve, with the average being 16 days. I had received a call on January 8th because there was another issue, and I was told it would take 7-10 business days from that date (I made sure it wasn't being added to the 25). Ten business days pass, I hear nothing. So I wait until 35 business days pass from the date of the investigation. Still nothing. I call a few days later, and they tell me they will contact the investigation team and I will hear back within 4 business days. Today, 5 business days later, I have still heard nothing. So I call again. Now they say 7-10 more business days and there is no way I can contact the so called "investigation team" which I am not entirely sure even exists at this point.

How many more times is this going to occur before they give me an accurate time frame, or better yet, return my account? Let's be honest, the chances of my account being fixed in 7-10 days based on past time frames Ive been given is.... well, zero percent. Giving me 30 free days of live and holding my account for 60 doesn't really seem to make sense, as I'm currently paying for a service that I can't even use. Does anyone have any suggestions who has gone through this before? I was hoping to have it back by next week, as Spring break starts this Friday and I can't go anywhere since I have a few prior obligations, so having my Xbox around on those lazy days would be nice. This is getting a bit exhausting.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Dr. Payne, it actually looks like phone support should have sent you a message today. Can you please take a look and let us know if you received that mail? :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

agreed..It will be a week tommmorrow and 'Im hoping this gets resolved soon...It's like the person who gets hacked gets punished with a suspension and no clear time table when youll be able to play online again..not really fair...Im starting to feel I should have just went through paypal and changed my password with Microsoft...good luck with your situation and keep us updated..

Sorry this didn't help.

I did receive that email. Thanks for helping out!

On another note, they gave me my Microsoft points back and the two months that I was without LIVE I received codes for. So I'm glad that was rectified. Thanks Xbox!

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear it Doc! Please feel free to rate my service. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mr. Fitzer ..can ya help me out??? ! I!! any help is appreciated!! Ill write the CEO of Microsoft and tell him to make you the vice president to get this fixed...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Hunter! We'll gladly take a look into your issue, but we do need you to create a new thread, since this one has now been marked as answered. Once you get that new thread opened, we'll do what we can! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.