Unauthorized Access Investigation Ended

Just a heads up to whoever may still be under a UAI.  My investigation has ended today, and my account has been unlocked as well as the 1600 MS points of mine that were used without my knowledge being fully restored.  I post this to give anyone else undergoing this investigation an idea of when this may be resolved for them.  My account was breached on 10/1/11 (a Saturday),  in which I immediately called MS Support and authorized a UAI on my account that same day.  One of the two reps I spoke with that day (both were helpful might I add) told me that the UAI team were currently in the September que, and that my investigation likely wouldn't take the entire 25 days projected.  My account was suspended on 10/5/11 (the following Wednesday), and today being the 13th, the total investigation time seems to have taken just 8 days.  This is a MASSIVE departure from some of the 3 months and beyond horror stories I have been hearing, but I believe some or most of those cases have also involved a region migration (which I did not experience).  I battled my hacker that night for control of this account and won (this was after being knocked off my account WHILE STILL PLAYING).  So anyone who has authorized a UAI on their account with an issue similar to mine (MS points theft while retaining account control with no region migration), rest assured that your issue may be solved much sooner than you think.  Also, my case basically confirms the fact that the UAI team is now in the October investigation que since I authorized this on the first day of the month.  Good luck to everyone!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

congrats yours went so quick. I started mine on9/27 and havent heard anything yet. Hope it wont be long now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad to hear you had a positive outcome i'm one of the unlucky ones with a migrated account :( forums.xbox.com/.../104835.aspx

It is good to see they are speeding up investigations i'm sure with all the hacks they are getting efficient at sorting through the data now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well you are lucky. I called in about the account im posting from on August 8th, and its still locked and under investigation but I can still go on it from Xbox.com ( which is pretty insecure ) and I still have no resolve. So you are one lucky person.

Sorry this didn't help.

the same thing happened to my account at the end of september and i am still waiting, i dont understand why they cant send some sort of confirmation to the alternate e mail the support took over the phone, at least then i know they are doing something even if it takes time.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's weird actually.  I didn't receive a phone call or "official" email about the issue, but I did indeed receive an email.  It was from Windows Live Team and was simply a sub email account confirmation for the email I disclosed to the rep over a week ago.  I tried logging onto my account from the site but my password wouldn't work.  I then log onto my Xbox and my Live is fully restored and my MS points balance was back to normal.  So basically, when the investigation is over, you won't be able to log into your account from xbox.com (just reset your password) and the "suspended due to problem with payment option" will be removed.  They will also add however long the investigation took to your account expiration time (mine change from 1/16/12 to 1/24/12, making up for the 8 day investigation).

Sorry this didn't help.

Nice post man.  Really.  Gives hope.  How'd Microsoft inform you?  I went through the same thing as you and am constanta checking my email and wondering if i hear my phone ringing in the hope that my wait is over

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks.  I logged mine on the 5th with exactly the same issue as you, I had control of my account but points were stolen. Missing my live just now :(

Sorry this didn't help.