Unauthorised Microsoft Point Purchases

Looking through the forums it appears there has been a spate of points being attributed to accounts that were not authorised by the account owners.

And as of this evening I have joined those owners when two emails popped up for 6000 and 2000 points purchases that I had nothing to do with, and there is no chance anyone in the house could have used my xbox because it was right by my feet as I was reading the emails.

Thankfully something on Microsoft's side took note of this and froze my account (I cannot log in via the console), but unfortunately this was not before three "PREMIUM GOLD PACK" purchases were made on XBL for FIFA 12 (yes, FIFA again, like so many other unauthorised purchases for other owners) and I am the not-so-proud owner of FIFA 12 Achievements that will forever remind me of this whole sad event and make me loathe football all the more.

Strangely it would appear a second 6000 point purchase was made, but the £51 for that has been refunded? It doesn't look like a refund of the original.

I have already sent an email off to Xbox and plan to contact Microsoft and my bank in the morning as both lines of support were closed when I got the original emails a few hours ago and have been trying to figure out what was going on. I have now begun the laborious task of remembering what other accounts/websites shared the Live ID password to change.

This isn't a gripe at anyone official (I have yet to deal with anyone to make such a complaint), but merely to raise a flag that someone who *really* enjoys FIFA far too much has messed around with another consumer.

Here is to a quick resolution.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Raised my Unauthorised Access quibble with XBox and my account is recovered and frozen pending the investigation. I didn't get the name of the lady on support that took my call, but she was more than understanding and helpful.

Cancelled my card with the bank with another set of helpful support takers, of course they said that Microsoft would have to deal with the investigation (I guessed as much), but everything else has been taken care of.

The FIFA exploits continue as I woke up to find all but 10 points drained this morning, so it had access to my gamertag still, even more "PREMIUM GOLD PACK" purchases and then a final "GOLD PACK" purchase because they didn't have enough points. I kind of wish I knew what that DLC was about as they really-really needed it as they wanted to spend nearly £140 purely on these items (total includes points they purchased, the 6000 points that were revoked, the blocked payment after the fact, and my remaining points from the 27th).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same issue here, except it's 3 x 6000 MS points here. I'm told it's going to take 3 weeks or more. It's beyond me how they can't deal with this faster. i can even see the consoleid of the person who stole it. Since the bought licence is linked to it. Also Swedish support seems to have no way to raise the issue higher either.

KInd of sucks to invest in games and EA Sports season ticket and a week later you can't use it for a month.

Support was really nice in the phone, but I kind of expected more from such a huge company as MS.

If you have a pro tip on actually getting hold of anyone who can escelate the issue, Im all ears.

Sorry this didn't help.

So my case has come to an end.

My refunds are in progress, my Microsoft Points have been rolled back to their pre-unauthorised access amount, I have also been given a month of Gold for free and I didn't even lose my friends list.

All in all, despite being forever scarred with FIFA12 achievements to remind me this all happened in the first place, I call this a win.

A thank you goes out to all the staff that have taken a look into my case and resolved it so quickly.

Sorry this didn't help.

How long did It take?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm curious how long it took to resolve too, I just logged on to discover this exact same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

this happened to me last saturday, and i'm now bored waiting for my live account to become unblocked... the guy on the phone said up to 25 days, which is slightly ridiculous...

Sorry this didn't help.

DDC442, bigC24 - The process took 21 days to be resolved for myself.

The standard reply is that it will take up to 25 days, and from what I've seen in other threads here depending on the investigation team's findings it can go beyond that. But my own experience was smooth.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the Info.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, two threads today I've read ending in positive results.  Congratulations on recovering your account. I hope the folks at Microsoft bumped you a free month for your trouble.  I am still waiting.

Sorry this didn't help.