Unaccessable Gamertag

Ok I would like to change my gamertag, I have the points and tried to change it earlier today and it said I couldnt change it to the name I wanted because the name was inappropriate.  Now the name in question if its inappropriate it has to be some kind of insult or swear word from some ancient japanese culture that hasnt existed in centuries because it doesnt in any shape or form even resemble anything racist, sexist or just plain offensive ive ever seen or heard before.  Matter of fact its a name i've used on other games such as world of warcraft and not once received any kind of warning or anything for so I dont understand why I cant make it my gamertag!  I even went so far as to make sure it just wasnt being used by another player and no such gamertag exists, then I tried to like my birth date behind it and again claims there is offensive text in the name, just out of curiosity is there anyone I can contact to figure out why a random gathering of letters would be restricted by xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I don't think Games for Windows Live gamertags show as used on the xbox console. But if it's flagged or taken there's no way your going to get it, sorry.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.