Unacceptable service

I purchased an Xbox One console on launch day and had an issue with my controller that needed a warranty exchange. I called in this problem and was informed that I had to ship my controller in, and within 15 days of receipt, I would get a replacement. I felt that this was unacceptable as the controller was within the 90 day warranty period. This also left me with the prospect of not being able to use my console until I received my replacement. I pleaded with every person I spoke with but they refused to ship a replacement controller prior to receiving mine. I finally capitulated and shipped my controller exactly as was requested by Microsoft on 2/19/14. Tracking confirms they received my controller on 2/24/14. Prior to shipping the controller I was forced to buy another one (that I didn't want or need) due to the estimate down time. I called twice to check on the status of my repair and both times they had difficulty finding any information on my exchange. I also reported a change of address on my first call. On April 8th I received an email saying my controller was shipping. It is also shipping to my previous address.

This is a warning to anyone who has a warranty exchange with Microsoft. DO NOT ship them your item first, they will burn you.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Tracking says I will receive my package on 4/15/14.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry man I know how you feel.

Im still waiting on my stereo headset replacement since 3/18 , service took my money on 3/20. It still says " order in process " i spoke to service team person 4 days ago wondering why it's taking so long?? And all they did was forwarded my request service # to a higher up...that will get back to me in 48-72hours .., Well guess what No email ,or call!!! Just fed up , my Day 1 controller is broken , 3rd mic broken, plug and play cord defective ( disconnects controller in slight movement ) etc.. Just send me my mic already!!

Xbox loyal customer since 2002...

5 RRoD Xbox 360s

Xbox One Day One

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand how u feel I sent my power brick two them over 2 weeks ago n called yesterday to see why I haven't received a new one since they received mine 8 over day ago. I ask why is the power brick is consider an accessory since your console is rendered unless n without out it and why can't they just send me a new since they already have mine  N they respond with very vague excuses as to Y they cant. Then they tell me they  have to send to advocacy which could take  18 more day before i find out when or if I will have a replacement.   I know one thing whenever I do receive my new one I'm done with microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

Typical Microsoft disrespecting their customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Microsoft, your team of idiots is delivering my controller to the wrong address and you don't care!!!! I will not be buying your GARBAGE in the future. You have wasted my time and taken me for granted as a customer. Please call me so I can unleash a whirlwind of four letter words that would make a sailor blush. Oh, and your special team that was needed for something.... they can't even call me by my name in the email they sent. I want 1 full year of Xbox Live for free. And I want a $60 credit for the controller i had to purchased while you guys let mine sit on a shelf.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, I guess I'm in good company then.

I Opened a Service Request, and shipped my faulty Day One controller to the Laredo Service Center on 3/6/14. USPS Tracking showed "delivered" on 3/10/14. "Service Request status" never updated beyond "Processing". Chatted with a Service reps on 3/14/14 and 3/19/14; basically received some lame excuse about Day One controllers being rare and that it was taking longer than usual. At that I stated "any controller will do, they can't be that rare". Service Rep opened a "ticket" that went nowhere. Called a "true" Microsoft Service Rep every week for updates. On 3/28/14, Service Rep opened ANOTHER ticket for Advocacy group. I was told it might take 12 days for them to respond. Well lo and behold, on 4/6/14, my original Xbox One Service Request status was now "CANCELLED".  I called back, immediately concerned, and was told that "Cancellations occur in 30 days when there is 'no action' on the service request, and that's what the Advocacy group would 'fix'".  Of course, after the 12 days had passed with nary an email or call from MS, I called once again on 4/11/14. This Service Rep stated that the "last" ticket was sent to the "wrong" group, and that he would "personally" follow-up weekly on the "new ticket" he created (I did manage to get a 3 month Xbox-live extension for my troubles, ugh).  

I will be totally shocked if that Service Rep follows through on his word and calls me back on 4/18/14.

Overall, this has been a very frustrating experience, and definitely a Black-Eye for Microsoft.  I don't know if anyone at Microsoft who has any influence at all reads these forums, but it would really go a long way if they could just clear up the "bull-crap" and give us the straight-scoop on "what's going on" at the Service Centers.  It appears that all the Service Reps are concerned with is appeasements, and they don't have any actual power at all. They can't even call the Service Centers directly, so they are basically useless.

I just want my controller back.. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

4/16 no call or email still from so-called Advocacy team...since 3/18 my

order has been "processing". Tired of calling or support chat and getting no where! ;( I'm call again today I guess.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was told by their support that they don't take complaints, I need to write a letter and mail it in. This was by a supervisor. I have only had this console fo a month and have had to call them every week. Now I need to write a letter and mail it in? Way to go support. I remember with the original Xbox I had a game occasionally restart on a 2 year console and they offered to let me ship the console back for free and they would fix it. The service has gone down hill and support does not care. The worst part is it was a supervisor.  The lady I spoke to first seemed to actually care. The guy who I asked to complain about all the issues said its not his job to hear complaints and I need to write a letter. Needed to vent.

Sorry this didn't help.

4/29 "order still in progress"   I Finally received a email saying the order is backlog (backordered)  Meaning since 3/18... they barley tell me its backlog. Wow! I just don't understand why didn't tell me like 2nd week, or even the 3rd week. So now nearing my 6th week. I keep you posted. :(

Xbox loyal customer since 2002...

5 RRoD Xbox 360s

Xbox One Day One

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok last post hopefully, They made a new ticket Service #... A within 3 days it started to ship 5/2.. I will get it 5/10 according to Fedex.  So 3/18-5/10 for a headset.. I'm scared to do my broken day one controller with the service. I was granted 3 months Xbox Live Gold for the inconvenience though.  

Sorry this didn't help.