Unable to use anything on my xbox one, besides games in disc form.

This problem occurred roughly 3 days ago. I unsnapped an app, twitch I believe, and the system went wonky. Now, every time I select things (i.e. games and apps, store, friends, any box that isn't reserved for the disc in the xbox) an error code pops up that reads "You need to install the game or app for this. Make sure you're signed in to Xbox Live and look for it in the Xbox Store. (0x80270254)" I'm positive I'm connected as everything that is currently on the store and offered by xbox live pops up although I get the error if I select it, and also positive it isn't my internet as I'm clearly posting this with ease. I've tried hard reseting the console numerous times and that hasn't done a thing for me. If I can get some real answers on what is wrong here and what to do to fix this problem that'd be great. I don't like the fact that I dropped $400 on your console that fails to work.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 257 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Powerslides, 

Sorry you're having problems with your Xbox. Usually the solution for this is the hard reset that you described doing. If it's still not working try unplugging it, leaving it off for a few minutes and the plugging it back in. If you're still having problems try uninstalling and re-installing the games/apps you're having problems with. I've put a link to this below. If you're still having problems, then I would suggest resetting the console to factory settings. You're game saves and purchases are all saved in the cloud so loss should be minimal as long as the Xbox as been connected to the internet. 

Uninstall Content

Reset Xbox to Factory

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.